6/15 WT- GB More Powerful than Worldwide Anointed- Don't Judge Partaking

by flipper 78 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Deserate gut-shot.

Not well thought out beyond the immediate.

Very weak.... cultic and weak

.... of course we might see some back peddling 6 months after this issue is studied...

Clearly they have learned nothing from the mess that Rutherford has beget them.

Keeping control comes at a price or reduced membership and less donations.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

PP - Ever since them dropping the idea that the "heavenly calling" ceased in 1935, I've been of the opinion that they are going to change their view on the 144k being a literal number since that's the only literal number they use out of a book that they say is highly symbolic. I don't think that would upset too many JWs. Even having everyone participate and separating the kingdom covenant from the new covenant - in other words have the symbolic 144k still the only ones going to heaven but have the partaking of the emblems just as expression of Jesus ransom.

As you point out, this would solve both the problem of the increase in the "annointed" and serve to solidify their position. I think they may actually be worried that a charasmatic "newly annointed" person who is very popular in a local area could actually try to form a break off group. Stranger things have happened.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Does anyone think they are going to let this lead to allowing all to partake of the bread and wine...thus the increasing number of partakers would be a nonissue? Being 'annointed' is being made meaningless as they are apart from the GB- who go into a class of their own. If they did this they would have the issue of "if all go to Heaven who will they rule over". So then the WT would have to make the hope for all earthly..and the rule of Jesus a visible one here on earth. They would have to concede new jerusalem coming down out of Heaven to make Heaven and earth one. This would be a complete overhaul for them. They would also have to recognize Jesus having a bodily resurrection.

• sir82
    sir82

Hmm, sounds like we've come back to the "2 heavenly classes" teaching that was abandoned in the 30's.

You've got your "anointed but not quite good enough to be GB members" on one hand, and the "elite superstar" smaller number of anointed who are GB members on the other.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

question- when they had their 2 heavenly classes did they teach 'paradise earth"?

• heathen
    heathen

I still believe in the 2 class thing , the "anointed" make up a remnant that are martyred in behalf of the kingdom preaching work and therefore die and are the first resurection of which the second death has no authority over them where as the GC are the ones that survive the GT and will never know death at all . I do have a problem with them insisting that those that die in this world also make up the GC ,they are the second resurection . The partaking of the last supper is to enter the new covenant with christ after being born again , which the public version of the WT had an article on . If God imparts his spirit to you and you are walking in it's direction then you qualify if not then better not to partake since the apostle Paul says you will only curse yourself rather than receive blessing .

• sir82
    sir82
    question- when they had their 2 heavenly classes did they teach 'paradise earth"?

There are others here who have a far better grasp than I do, but I believe the Bible Students' beliefs were along these lines:

1) Bible Students would go to heaven and rule as part of the 144,000

2) Other Christians who weren't quite so good would go to heaven but not rule

3) Armageddon was not thought of as destroying 99.9% of earth's population. It was primarily targeted toward "kings and military forces", and regular folks who were not Christian but not necessarily opposed to it would live on a paradise earth (as in "millions now living will never die"). Also the pre-Christian "faithful ones of old" would be resurrected to life on earth.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

IC...however, the WT has since changed to an 'annointed' who go to heaven to rule over the 'ther sheep'- who are earthly. If they allow all to be 'annointed' and partake what would they do? Would they teach that all good JWs go to heaven? If so, who would they rule over? I doubt they would go to saying that non-Chrisitans who do not oppose will be there since that could take the urgency out of preaching.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

All I can say is, "Hey CrazyB, don't bogart that bottle my friend, pass it over to me!"

I think we should all attend the memorial next year and partake. If anyone says anything we just say "Don't you judge me!"

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

thlatttt unlebened bwead is pwetty dwy... can I hab sum wine??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit