6/15 WT- GB More Powerful than Worldwide Anointed- Don't Judge Partaking

by flipper 78 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Paulapollo: Interesting thought.. VERY freaky how close you get to their way of phrasing the 'explanation!'. Sure you are not a boored-out-of-the-skull member of the GB? :-). If they run with that explanation, they would properly also fix the number of members on the GB to 12.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Bohm -

Alas, I am not on the all-powerful GB, otherwise I too would wield influence and power far beyond what is merited by scripture! LOL

As for my closeness to the language - well, most of it is written by British people now, or at least heavily influenced by our British bretheren, so it can't be that hard for me!

As for the 12, I wouldn't be surprised, but I think they would wait until the teaching is more solid before they allow outright comparisions to be made between them and the apostles, although in this article, they already suggest that they are equal, and by inference, have the same authority.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Paragraph 18 continues, " Similarly, today a limited number of anointed men have the responsibility of representing the slave class. They make up the GOVERNING BODY of Jehovah's Witnesses . THESE spirit-anointed men oversee the Kingdom work and the spiritual feeding program. "

Legally speaking,....would this be seen as an 'admission' of them being 'solely responsible' for the lives they ruin' ,(Blood, transplants, DF, shunning, child abuse)' by means of what they teach through their literature ?

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

"So never let us push proudly ahead with our own ideas or react negatively to organizational changes or to adjusted explanations of certain scriptures. ( Eccl. 7:8) If you detect even a hint of such a tendency in yourself, why not meditate prayerfully on the timely principles found in Acts chapter 15?"

I HOPE YOU ARE ALL BUSY ‘meditating prayerfully’ LIKE CRAZY NOW.

I did just as they said and on 1 Corinthians 8 & 10 and on Romans 7 and Galatians 5:18 "If you are being led by spirit, you are not under the law." And came up with completely the opposite conclusion, that I think that is plain enough that I am not under the Mosaic law, the apostles law, the GB’s law, or anyone else’s law. MY CONSCIENCE IS MY LAW.

That paragraph was from the new book ‘Bearing Thorough Witness About God’s Kingdom.’ Chapter 13 ‘There had Occurred No Little Dissension’ based on Acts 15:1-12 par. 12

Paragraph 9 said:

"One valuable lesson we learn is that we need to trust God’s organisation. Consider: The brother’s in Antioch knew that the governing body was made up entirely of Christians of Jewish background. Yet they trusted that body to settle the question of circumcision in harmony with the Scriptures. Why? The congregation was confident that Jehovah would direct matters by means of his holy spirit and the Head of the Christian congregation, Jesus Christ. (Matt. 28:18, 20; Eph. 1:2. 23) When serious issues arise today, let us imitate the fine example of the believers in Antioch by trusting God’s organization and its Governing Body of anointed Christians, who represent "the faithful and discreet slave." - Matt. 24:45.

I notice the governing body of the early Christians didn’t get a capital G & B, but the Governing Body of today did!!!!

ME THINKS YOU ARE ALL SPOT ON WITH YOUR ANALYSIS GUYS.

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

Watchtower November 15 th 2009 Article for study on January 11 - 17

‘Treasure Your Place in the Congregation’ paragraph 5

"We need to guard against developing a spirit of independence. By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. (Num. 16:1 - 3) On the contrary, we should cherish our privilege to cooperate with the slave class. And should we not strive to be obedient and submissive to those taking the lead in ourlocal congregation? - Read Hebrews 13:7, 17."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The capitalization thing really bugs me. It may seem like a little thing but it is significant. In another recent Kool Aid WT they had lowercase "holy spirit" and capitalized "Governing Body" in the same sentence or paragraph. Now they distinguish the first century "governing body" (which wasn't really a governing body at all) with the modern day "Governing Body." The hubris makes me want to puke.

• JWoods
    JWoods

It really is pretty shameless. In the 1960s, while it really was controlled by Knorr/Franz, at least they held up the pretense that the "annointed remnant from all over the world" kind of had some governing influence on doctrinal matters.

Now, it is just the big 9, and you had better like it or else...

• agonus
    agonus

A "spirit of independence" is what got us out of Babylon the Great in the first place.

Idiots...

• flipper
    flipper

I didn't realize this thread had been bumped up by quite a few comments. Been working so much, I'll respond.

MYTHBUSTER- The JW talking to you apparently isn't aware that the GB IS the faithful and discreet slave only - not the OTHER worldwide anointed. The WT society was lying to us all those years - in actuality they don't get ANY input from anointed around the world. It's only the 9 old guys on the GB that make the rules. ( And the WT corporate attorneys as well. )

THETRUEONE- Yes, I agree with you. I would say that calling the GB and WT corporate attorneys " higher delusional ones " would be quite accurate. Sums it up quite nicely.

PAULAPOLLOS- Actually the GB ALREADY came out and stated that ONLY THEY are the " faithful & discreet slave " in this very 6 / 15 / 09 WT if you notice the initial thread on pg. 1 . I will take it one step further-- the GB think they are Jehovah actually. How's THAT for a concept ? LOL!

AGONUS- Their authority is baseless. The GB are their own greatest fan. They really feel they are Jehovah in actuality. And witnesses think the GB is God too.

IKNOWALL558- Translation : The GB IS the slave class. Not the other anointed, because they have NO INPUT into what the GB does.

UNDERTHERADAR- the basic motive and scheme of the GB now is to rally ALL Jehovah's Witnesses to view ONLY THE GB as the authority to obey and follow. Not Jesus, not God, not Jehovah- the GB puts more emphasis on THEIR authority than any alleged God or Jesus. And THAT my friend is where the governing body becomes as dangerous as Jim Jones of the people's temple, David Koresh of the Branch Davdidians. When such a small group of me like the GB gets THAT MUCH power and control over 6 million witnesses - only inevitable disaster may come in time. That's why I fear for my JW relatives - especially my 2 adult JW daughters and their husbands.

MAD SWEENEY- The GB would capitalize EVERYTHING towards themselves if they had a chance. Oh- I forgot to include one thing - they ARE the holy spirit too, not just Jehovah.

JWOODS- Your take on the GB is just like mine. They are into ultimate control- and if the rank and file don't agree they get booted off the boat. It's the GB's way or the highway essentially. Pretty sad. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit