6/15 WT- GB More Powerful than Worldwide Anointed- Don't Judge Partaking

by flipper 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Spook
    Spook

How about evern better than passwordprotected said, why don't christians actually share a commemorative holiday meal with their loved ones of like faith, at which they can enjoy themselves and have some theological conversation. It's pretty clear to me this is what the Lord's Supper account in the bible meant as written by its author. What do I know about exegesis, I'm just an atheist.

It seems pretty clear to me the story had a strong communitarian element to it, not an authoritarian one of participating in a "ceremony" lead by a preacher. What Jesus, if he existed, is attributed as saying is to keep participating in the sharing of that passover meal. He's not recorded as saying his followers should pass fake token emblems around in a solemn ceremony.

Sir82 should wait and see if they do away with most of Bethel and out source printing. Then you could start out-sourcing most other functions. It looks like the branches are becoming liabilities, not assets these days.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

This was as predicatable as anything they have ever done.

It will also only add to their demise. All organizations need fresh, young minds.

By their own power-hungry mania, they have sowed the seeds of a new generation of apostates, who will be bold enough to start their own following, unlike most of the previous dissenters.

Actually, such ones have been hiding for a long time, many of us already know some of them. Many are currently elders. It will only take one or two charismatic enough to push it to the next level, and they will do it by the internet, the WT's most formidable enemy. A clever memetic trick or two, launched at a time when the GB has their pants down and suffers the worst publicity faux pas ever, and the Watchtower will splinter like the Worldwide Church of God.

http://mormonchallenge.com/calledtobefree.html

Randy

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I don't think we are going to see some change of doctrine to the effect that only the GB is the faithful slave and the rest of the anointed are the 'domestics'. There is no need for them to do that. Most JW's already hold the view that the GB is a modern-day parallel of the apostles and older men (the 'first-century Governing Body', as the Society calls them) who have authority by some special appointment from Jehovah/Christ. The Society has taught this for a long time already but not, in my recollection, as strongly as they have put it in this article.

What the GB appear to be doing here is to merely be trying to make it unequivocally clear that the holy spirit has given them and only them the role of interpreting and writing about doctrinal matters - in the same way that the first century bible writers and apostles did. This is evident in how they have made a clear parallel between themselves and the inspired bible writers, something I havn't seen them do before. In other words, they are saying "only we (the GB) are used by the holy spirit to publish doctrinal stuff - leave the doctrinal stuff to us!".

They have probably been motivated to make these bold comments because of a recent surge in letters/questions about the sharp increase in memorial partakers and the new understanding of what 'this generation' means. The GB have no doubt also received reports from the Branches that there are questions being asked about these things and the doctrinal ramifications (the upcoming District Convention part about answering questions will probably address this). The GB is probably a bit nervous about all this and the possiblity of a groundswell of opinions forming out there at odds with what they teach, so they are making these strong comments to shore up their authority.

And many JW's are of the view that the anointed/FDS (non-GB) generally provide "food at the proper time" not by publishing stuff but more by the act of feeding (preaching) to others, both outsiders and insiders. The non-GB anointed don't need to have direct input into what the Watchtower writes to be providing spiritual food per Matt 24:45-47.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I guess I was a bit of a policy wonk when I was dubbing. I never thought that the whole of the annointed contributed in any way except spearheading the preaching work. I remember that it was always said, "The annointed, represented by their mouthpiece the governing body" or "The annointed follow the lead of the governing body" etc. Just as I knew that they didn't appoint elders. They appointed men to make appointments. I never beleived they prayed over each appointee. Guess it was just me but I abdicated everything to their Christ given "possesion over all his belongings". What a fool I was. W.Once

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the great observations and comments ! I'll respond individually to you.

HEATHEN- I'm sure there are lots of anointed out there who make up their own beliefs. Buy profusely claim that they don't. And still claim to follow the WT society just to protect themselves.

I QUIT- It is amazing since the days of Russell and Rutherford how this organization tries to manipulate it's numbers of anointed and manipulate it's members to believe it.

WTWIZARD- I think that for years the WT society has deceived it's members by playing with and manipulating the numbers of the anointed. They act like they have an accurate handle on everything that has happened through the centuries like you said.

PASSWORD PROTECTED- The governing body is all about CONTROL. Even if everybody partook of the emblems - they would still be about CONTROL. And they would lie and deceive members to hang onto that control of them.

TRUTHSETSONEFREE- Exactly. The GB has always claimed they get input from the " worldwide anointed " but they really DON'T do that. In this article they actually come out and admit that. So they were lying to us all those years. No great surprise.

SIR 82- Exactly. Now since many more will claim to be of the anointed - in time - we will really see an " ambitious path " taken by all these GB wannabees . The WT society has really started down a slippery slope here.

YKNOT- I agree. This is a desperate attempt or a gut shot in my opinion also. They are trying to control even more so. Even controlling all the anointed more outwardly.

DOUBTING BRO- Very true. I do think the GB is concerned about charismatic newly anointed people breaking off and forming their own groups. That's why they emphasized " only the GB " dispenses out information.

ISAAC AUSTIN- The GB is really going down a dangerous slippery slope here on this one - a road they don't want to travel - but they have to now as the numbers of people partaking are increasing. They themselves have let the cows out of the barn by saying that 1935 was NOT the end of the sealing or gathering of the anointed . So - Because they have shot themselves in the foot they are backpedaling now saying " not to judge any partakers ". AND - The GB wants to control all the members including all the anointed around the earth. Only the GB makes the rules. Period.

AWAKE & WATCHING- I agree. Just pass the wine and let's all drink ! Makes a lot less problems !

QUIRKY- Let's eat, drink, and be merry ! Exactly.

UNDERCOVER- It's all about control and power to the governing body. You and I both know this. And deceiving the rank and file witnesses to retain that power. For years the governing body claimed they got insight from all over the earth from various anointed who helped them with information to dispense in their literature. Now- with this article we are finding out it was all a big lie ! The information was always coming from the writing committee basically ( even non-anointed ) or just the 12 old geezers on the GB. And most of the rank and file witnesses will eat this up at the WT studies - and not even notice the difference. Poor saps.

JEFF T- I agree with you the WT society HAS painted themselves into a corner here. And they are trying to justify why there are more partaking - while at the same time sending a message to newly anointed that they don't have the same power as the GB . Making it up as they go along - like you said.

IKNOWALL558- Very true. By this article the GB will consolidate their power and let any up and coming newbie anointed that " we are the faithful steward- you are not. We make the rules, you don't. "

SPOOK- It would make things much more simple if families would just celebrate the damned lord's evening meal at home. Do it in a personal way - instead of all the powermongers thinking they were of the anointed.

DOGPATCH- Very true what you say. The WT society is power hungry and this WT article proves that point precisely. They want it known to rank and file members that only the GB is in control of doctrine and teachings. I hope what you say is true - that there are lots of lurking elders out there who are disagreeing with the WT society and are waiting for some proper time to form an uprising. I can hardly wait. Your take might very well come true - the Jehovah's Witnesses may fraction off and divide into different beliefs like the Mormon's did in their cult. It will definitely be interesting to observe. I hope it comes sooner than later.

YADDA YADDA 2- Very true that this is a consolidation of power - a stance taken by the governing body to make rank and file members see that ONLY THEY have the authority to dictate God's laws to their members. I thought in comparing themselves to Bible writers it was the epitome of arrogance and conceit.

WASANELDERONCE- I always felt these were just men controlling men actually. I never put them on a pedestal. We should have all known the GB was lying when they claimed they get constant input from the anointed around the earth and use that information to dispense to the rank and file members . Such con artists

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The GB at times remind me those con men on the streets with 3 cups and a pea under one of them

as they are moved quickly around on a table and then stopped and you try and guess which cup has the pea under it.

Lets face it, the GB are now faced with dealing with another of their professed bullshit stories regarding the decline

of the partakers as another sign of the closing of this system of things.....calling all spin doctors, now what do we do ?

Nevertheless the fight for power and control continues in the one and only godly organization here on earth.

Interesting isn't that the WT organization is intensionally sliced and partitioned off into segments of spiritual powers and strength.

And that there those who are right now looking to reach the very top of the seat of power.

• heathen
    heathen

What I find interesting is that they don't ask these people why they partook , maybe some don't buy into the WTBTS dogma that only the 144k are to eat and drink and believe they are only professing the death of the lord as the apostle Paul put it , that he died for your salvation . Who knows? I would seriously doubt the numbers reflect the left over remnant , as Revelation puts it, God is waiting for the last to be killed off by the ax before he takes action . I don't think it's talking about a symbolic death there.

• flipper
    flipper

HOMEROVAH- No matter how they try to spin the increasing of partakers - it won't hold water as then they have the problem of - what about all the earthly class ? They are like a sinking ship with holes in it - they just try to keep bailing water out. But like you stated the GB will do and spin things however they can to keep control of the power over the rank and file members.

HEATHEN- I feel most of the anointed don't even know why they partake . They just do it because it makes them feel needed and special

• oompa
    oompa

flip or anyone....where exactly are flips quotes from...page and paragraph please

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- The quotes I took are from the June 15th witness only WT. The quotes are on page 23 , paragraph 15. And the other quotes are from page 24 paragraph 16 and paragraph 18. Really new thinking here by the GB. Hope that helps you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit