Help on becoming a Jehovahs Witness

by tpadgett 86 Replies latest jw friends

• davegod
    davegod

Outlaw, you missed the point. Should not the enlightened of this group do their part to inform and "unconvert" the misguided? I left close to 20 years ago, until coming here I had no idea Russell used numerology or was buried under a pyramid. Learning that they dropped the generation edict was shocking to say the least. Crisis of Conscience did not exist to people of my age, those truly in the faith would never read it anyway. His (Franz) Uncle used to come to our house for dinner, along with others of the GB. One of these days I will scan the pictures with the swinging bottles of Chianti However misguided, very much real people effecting real lives. I am sure Padgett is real too.

• Mary
    Mary

davegod, I think the majority of us are always willing to help try to reason with any active JWs who come on here. A good example is how many of us tried helping Reniaa when she first appeared. We showed her from both the scriptures and the Society's own literature how they fit the definition of a false prophet, how they've destroyed lives over the years and how they've basically put themselves "on God's throne, making themselves God".

That's not a problem. What I think alot of us have a problem with, is when people like Reniaa or this latest troll, lie their faces off, pretending that they're not really Witnesses. This is something you see quite often throughout the internet (a great place to see is on Amazon.com when reviewers of CoC give it one star and inevitably start their rant with "...I'm not a Witness but..." and then it goes from there).

Their sole purpose for doing this is obvious: they want to try and give the Organization credibility from a supposed non-Witness. I'd have far more respect for them if they simply claimed that they were active Witnesses who didn't agree with sites like this (and indeed, I think this has happened in the past). But when they purposely try and pull a stunt like this uh, "17 year old", as far as I'm concerned, they deserve what they get.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

exactly Mary. JWs like to claim that 'apostates' are liars...that we embellish stories, exaggerate, take out of context, etc. It would seem quite hypocritical for JWs to then turn around and pretend they are not JWs, but simply objective outsiders, trying to fairly look at both sides of the story...and realizing that the witnesses have the true religion.

• kanzaz
    kanzaz

I'm not A JW but I do have A grandmother & Aunt in Jehovah Witness & Just this Month I started My Bible study with them To eduacate myself of this Cult & I now can see why some people Maybe Jipted into Joining because they do Talk about this Wonderful Life in Paradise & all good Game of Talking & I at one point Thought of Joining myself But I had to Snap myself out of it & Go back & start Reading My Catholic Bible & stop Reading Their Bible & Books that I have gotten from them & plus I started the Discussion About Birthday's & Nothing that They've told me makes any since at all & at one point I was like well maybe I could join & just Do A Special Day & all But then I went & Read My own Catholic Books & Bible because I'm Converting & Becoming Catholic & to me Catholic Religion Makes more Since then Jehovah Witness & I've Learned that Baptist & Catholics have A Connection So maybe that's why Catholic Makes more Since to me because my mothers Family Are Baptist & My Father A Ex-JW is now A Baptist too .

I've had to literally Start Reading my Own Bible & Books In order to be reminded that God did Die on the Cross For us & that He doesn't Hate , Cause in their Book " What The Bible Really Teach!" It reads That God Or Jehovah Hates when we're suffering & In my mind I'm like Why would God Hate when the Word "HATE" is Such A strong word & Should not be Used in any book's about God at all because I don't think God "hate's" He may not Like that we Suffer But he would Never Hate something .

I had to Snap myself back to Reality & Just Read their Book's & Bible when they come to Study with me Because If you continue to Read it You'll start to Believe the Stuff their giving you & before you know it You're at A Kingdom Hall at A meeting & Joining them , I've had to Stop & Snap my Brain back to Realty & Plus their Booklets Looks so Good with the Pictures & all it all looks good on Paper But when you Snap out of it & step back & read A Actual Bible & Books Of Catholic & Or even Baptist Jehovah Witness Cult seems more like they're Celebrating Satan then God Because the Only holiday they're allowed to Celebrate is Jesus's Death & that's it .

I'm like You might as well Become A Athiet For what You'll Join with the JW's Because You can't Celebrate anything & I'm like I Love Cake & I Love to at least have that Choice to Acknowledge my Birthday & Other Holiday's & not be told by A Group That I can't do something .

So Please Rethink it Especially if you have Young Kids Cause What kid likes to Not Have Birthdays & Missing out on Fun stuff.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooooooo - kay.......

Kanzaz, welcome to the board....

You might want to try typing sentences that ONLY have the first letter in the sentence capitalized - otherwise it gets confusing....

Also, you can start your own thread, with your "story" - how you came into contact with the Jehovah's Witnesses, what you think of their theology - in the "Friends" section - just click on "New Thread".

Also, as a "new" member, you can only "post" one new thread daily, and only 10 posts daily....

Just sayin'...

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Dont feel like reading all the commentary. Just visit

jwfacts.com

Then assess for yourself

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

JEEZ! Just realized this was a two year old thread. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest