Is it just me? I don't like "submission"

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

I don't know about you, but I'm getting my wite-out and change that button on my monitor right now!

B the X, excellent idea! You must be a techie… your btf (button temporary fix) is easily installed. The ease of removal is an excellent feature as well, since these are local mods and will not be automatically removed when you install the next release.

We’ll call this first one btfSND01*.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I am going to have to go with the second available fix, btfSND02**, as right now I’m using the work PC for all my stuff. See descriptions below:

*btfSND01: update the Submit button on your Posts with your own label using your own fun and unique words to describe the function of the button by applying it with wite-out and a pen.

Note: this fix is a local modification and must be removed by the user. The next release available will not perform uninstall.

**btfSND02: update the Submit button on your Posts with your own unique removable sticky labels using your own fun words to describe the function of the button. This fix allows greater flexibility for the user as it facilitates quick, multi-label changes, without the application of cleaners or fingernails (as in btfSND01*), especially when a flash of genius hits you. Additionally, the lightning fast removal feature of these labels ensures the boss is unaware of your mod and can be easily removed once the next release is available.

Note: this fix is a local modification and must be removed by the user. The next release available will not perform uninstall.

(Lots of time to kill here during these 24 hour sentences of probation. ) Heaven

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

How'd that song go? Loyal submission.... something something something... this to our God we owe?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Heaven,
    Love the removable feature. Right now my button says, "Billy is the Man!"

SL,
    Grab your barf bag... Here's how it went:

Song 8
    Loyally Submitting to Theocratic Order(1 Corinthians 14:33)

1. As Jehovah’s people sound throughout the earth
    Truths about the Kingdom, of such priceless worth,
    Theocratic order they must all obey
    And remain united, loyalty display.
    (Chorus)

2. Jesus Christ, our Leader, is in full control;
    He equips the soldiers that he does enroll.
    ’Tis a spir’tual warfare, so we have to act
    As a group, united, close-knit, and compact.
    (Chorus)

3. Then we have God’s steward and His active force.
    These will ever guide us in our Christian course.
    So may we be steadfast, seeking God to please,
    Loyally proclaiming all his wise decrees!

(CHORUS)
    Loyal submission in recognition,
    This to our God we owe.
    He gives protection, tender affection.
    Loyalty to him we show.

B the X
    ...now I click the button "Billy is the Man"

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

We sang some creepy songs.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Right now my button says, "Billy is the Man!"

Hmmm... not bad... it does lack an action word, however. Let's see... how about "Billy Da Man Pitches It" or "Billy is the Man who Delivers".

For mine I could do something like "Heaven Sent" or "Straight From Heaven".

Any other ideas?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I admit I am powerless over the submit button.

My issue is pushing submit too soon and then editing it right away. By then someone has already responded to me and they never see my edits anyway, but I feel better having perfected my post.

Part of this is because I can't preview posts and sometimes the formatting is all screwy.

Or some alien symbols appear that I go back to delete. I believe Xenu is trying to communicate with me via this method.

Or sometimes I'm distracted by a call or someone walking by and I just push submit in order to not lose everything I just wrote.

• Heaven
    Heaven

rebel8 .... one suggestion might be to type up your post in a Word document first (style and size defaults seem to be Verdana 9 here). That way you can play around with it all you want and when you're done, select all your text in Word, copy it (CTRL C) and paste it to the Post area (place cursor in area and do CTRL V). That way you don't have to hurry Posting either. What do you think? Heaven

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes I do that, but it doesn't come out exactly as I formatted it. Hence I have a compulsion to redo it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

rebel8,
    Sounds like you've got the condition "Premature Posting". Although you look forward to the satisfaction of the completed post, remember to pause sometimes while typing to avoid climaxing... er, posting too early. But don't get stressed over the condition, you can post several more times every day. I understand your desire for "the perfect post", but often it can be very satisfying to just settle for "a very good post".

Heaven,
    Right now, my button says, "I can post as many as 100 times a day!"

B the X

• rebel8
    rebel8

LOL ROFL LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit