Is it just me? I don't like "submission"

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Every time I type up something on here, I go through this ordeal. Okay, I've made my comments as meaningful and amusing as possible. I check spelling, grammar, and formatting. I'm done... almost. So now to post the comment, I need to click the button that says... "Submit".

AAAArrrrgh! I hate having to "submit" to anyone or anything! It's as if the button says, "The Governing Body has complete control over anyone clicking this". Or it tells me, "The definition of generation keeps changing but you're okay with this". As if I haven't wasted enough of my life in strict obedience to the cult, I now need to... "Submit".

I'd go ahead and hit "Cancel" in the spirit of freedom and liberty, but I don't want to waste my work.

Anyway, I just felt I needed to get that off my chest. I guess I understand what is intended with the green check and "Submit", but it is really creeping me out tonight for some strange reason.

B the X

Okay... must... click... "Submit"....

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

You're too funny, Billy tha EX.

You are reminding me of my friend who put off driving a car for YEARS... he said he couldn't stand the idea of "MERGING".

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Billy, I don't think you have 'submission' issues.....I think you have 'commitment' issues....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Haha @ Baba,

When driving, I'll obey the 'yield' signs, but I don't like it.

B the X

(Trying to pretend the "Submit" button says "I'm a cool dude")

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Bizzy, have you been talking with the Ex's ex-girlfriends or something?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Billy,

No. But it was a pretty safe bet..........

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Now B the ex, this is just the kind of typical Korah-like, headstrong, rebellious attitude the Society warns about.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh great, now I'm visualizing that the "Submit" button says "Commitment".

I'll just click the green button without actually looking at it...

...okay missed it again, third times a charm?...

• Heaven
    Heaven

B the X .... I like your style!

Maybe we can get the button renamed? Some suggestions:

"Enlighten Them"

"Create"

"Impart"

"Let 'er RIP!"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

YY2, Yeah, I'm a total rebel. I'm gonna drink a beer and a half tonight. Party Time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit