Do you want your publisher cards? Do you need a congregation "secretary" to request them? I can do it

by BonaFide 59 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Shopaholic is right. There isn't a database that is reviewed each month. In fact, only congregation data and averages are sent in each month to the branch.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is for Bona Fide and other who have commented on whether or not he is who he says he is.... (with apologies to Dennis Green)

(*NOTE* This goes on longer then I meant, and I apologize for its lack of brevity....)

Bona Fide has started imo, some really great threads, and I can tell he is has seem some things as an elder.

At the same time, he has explained why he wrote what he did earlier about wanting help with judicial committees, etc. I personally feel that any MTS trained elder would know exactly what to do, way better then anyone on this board who has never been an elder.... Some of the questions were just unusual, especially juxtaposed against later threads started that revealed a very detailed knowledge and understanding of judicial committee processes that elders do.

Then this thread, with its very disturbing premise shows up. I thought it very legitimate to question Bona Fide's bonafides at that point.

May I suggest the following:

This internet forum is part of the weird, wild, and wacky ex JW world we all populate. There is a lot of good that comes from being able to work things out, be a little off center, and have people who know and understand help us through the difficult time of exiting the cult.

But it is still the internet.

I have talked to one person on this forum (A@G) and thats it... No one knows me, and that is pretty much how I want it for now... (I might do meet ups at some point....) I have revealed certain personal aspects about me on other websites, (on freeminds for example) and I have included my Gilead class # (119!), the country where I was assigned to (Cameroon) and the WT where my picture is. (January 1, 2006) I do that solely so that my observations can be judged against the background I come from. I do realize that a certain amount of disclosure is necessary for anyone who claims to be a Gilead grad, etc, and that is why I have chosen to reveal what I feel I can.

Nonetheless, most people still don't know me. You likely haven't met me. Thus, you are always free to completely believe that I do not exist. Thats just the way it is. This is an internet forum, and common sense needs to be exercised. Being a JW, we were all gullible to one extent or another, and there is no need to repeat that mistake here.

I am not saying to be unduly suspicious, just to use common sense. THINK!

I think it a generally accepted premise that if anyone took up Bona Fide's offer, that would be a mistake, not just because it is stupid, unnecessary and fraught with risks, but this is also the internet.

But I also want to say that if as Bona Fide maintains, he has been misunderstood, then thats cool. (Hopefully BF, you can see that your offer is not a good idea. There is little to be gained for anyone to have their cards. There is much more to be lost.)

I started a thread about how Bethel DOES NOT monitor sites like this regularly, or have a program to do so. I believe that. But as many knowledgeable posters noted, that doesn't mean that individual elders, whether they be at Bethel or other congregations, aren't here, many looking to see if they can bust someone.

Reasonable safeguards about personal information you give out over the internet should always be maintained, even here.

I apologize again if this came across as a lecture, my intent is just to weigh in after a night to think about this. I wish all, including Bona Fide, peace!

• besty
    besty

inasmuch as many on here are anonymous and this is the Internet (duh) we need to cut each other some slack

it does raise the question of whether anonymous posters could voluntarily identify themselves to a trusted 3rd party. of course it still wouldn't prevent people just making stuff up, kinda like the real world.....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

In the spirit of ex-JW "brotherhood," I suggest everyone take it easy and treat someone like they are innocent until proven guilty. I've see Bonafide's posts since he started, and it's NOT entirely obvious whether he has anything to hide. Time will tell.

Although it is curious why he chose the handle "Bonafide"....

In any case, I think this thread has been hammered enough and that we don't need to start some kind of rabble-rousing witchhunt to prove/disprove the identitiy of a poster....

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Bonafide, don't get too worked up. I don't think anyone meant any harm there are some unique personalities on here, mine included. I think AllTimeJeff sums it up pretty good in the previous post. Personally, I believe you are who you say you are and I think you had the best intentions. I pulled a fade just like what you mentioned dearly a decade ago and I never got so much a phone call. I moved from out of state with my family and my card was sent with theirs. I knew if I ever showed up at the new hall to introduce myself I was toast. I never went and just moved out and never was DA's or DF'd. I am postive my card is lost or at the bottom of a pile where no one would know who I am as my family has moved to another state again.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen to what Daniel-p said.

Even if it's proven that he's not who he says he is, then what?

Is he going to be disfellowshipped?

LOL.

Sylvia

• Scott77
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bonafide..No one is "After" you..LOL!!....Still,what you suggest is foolish..No one should give out personal info here.........Secondly..There really are a lot of inconsistancies in your posts..Many,many red flags..Noticed by more than a few people..Thats a simple fact..All anyone has to do is read your threads.........Are you misunderstood?..I have no idea......I have no choice but to go by what you and others post...............I like many of your threads and will continue to post on them.........If I see something wrong on this board I will point it out..Most of us do.................................OUTLAW

• Scott77
    Scott77

Mr. BonaFide has disclosed that he has ADD, and at one time, his family has advised him to see a Psychiatrist. In one of his post, he revealed that he to literally cry with tears after realising that he had wasted his considerable part of his life in the organisation. I think the guy is still going through a state of bewildernment, personal anguish as he attempts to cope with the profound discovery of 'the truth about the truth'. The ways he has wrote his threads reveal a kind of person well versed in the way the WTS works. This certainly colloraborate his claim to having been an elder, CO and a missionary. In other post, he was able to post pictures of Bethel graves, something that was 'extraordinary' of that guy. I think we need to give this guy the benefit of doubt as to his true identity. He has stated about his desire to help 'friends and family' out of the borg hence he's being an 'undercovef' sort of. My worry is that, its gonna be a kind a challenge for him to post his picture here on this net or perhaps indicate the MTS school year book and pictures with page # he was in without blewing out his undercover status. on the whole, his posts have been kind of insightful. I would encourage him to post more but refrain from asking personal information through helping individuals obtain their publisher card. I think he might have miscalculated his true intention and the widespread reaction and alarm it ilicited. Anyway, this piece of chit is easy to get. Its not a big deal.

Scott77

• shamus100
    shamus100

Screw you MINIMUS! I recall a thread where you were the troll!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit