Why Do So Many DF'd End In Some Sort Of Trouble?

by african GB Member 48 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

People who have actually been DFd are actually a very SMALL number compared to how many have DAd or simply walked away. Is there something about being DFd that makes people go insane? LOL I have been online here since 1996 and been VERY active in the EXJW community and met thousands of EXJWs online. Scant scant few of them have done anything but BLOSSOM like a flower finally put into the sun after leaving the restrictive, controlling confines of this cult.

There is zero merit to your claim which smacks purely of JW propaganda. Do you also believe that A smurf came to life in a Kingdom Hall and bit a child?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Your view AGBM of reality is based on the small area you have to relate to around you . The wonderful thing about this forum is you get a glimpse of the outside world .

From the experiences shared here you should be able to get a better, more rounded out version of what really happens when people leave the JWs .We have always been taught the WT version that once a person leaves they are just going to go crazy wild and live a debauched existence . Which hopefully, you can lower the blinders and see that is really not the case .

We have only our own experiences to go on ,and maybe you have seen the worst happen to some that become df'd . Just realize that is not always the only course taken by individuals that leave .

Let me share some local examples I have witnessed :

1) My younger brother in law was DF'd for smoking .He left home at 18, made it on his own w/o any help from family . Today he is a hard worker married with three small children ,a devoted father and husband . Lives a quite modest family life .

2) My own brother was DA'd @ 18 for joining the military . He servd in two branches of the military over 8 yrs. got out put himself through college and became a civil engineer . He has a great family totally devoted to his daughter has coached every sport she was in as a child and is now seeing her excel in college on her way to becoming a teacher . He and his wife are community oriented have great friends and are very happy .

3) My husbands sister got pregnant @16 left home, moved across the country ,worked ,put herself through school and college .(Again with out family support ) She went on to get married ,raise three children, and making a living doing something she loves . Maybe she didn't live a life the witnesses would approve of ,but she is happy ,and a productive member of the community .

4) Another family member was in a horrible marriage to a witness that just criticized him all the time .He was depressed and finally separated from her . He was DF'd when he finally moved in with another woman . Today he is married to that woman has a good job and is the most happiest I have ever seen him .

These are just a few that I personally know of because they were related . Even the ones I know of in the congregation that became df'd and left none of them became the dregs of society you suggest they may have become .

I am sure some will not turn out well , but that is just a human thing not because they left being a JW .

• chickpea
    chickpea

the only "trouble" seems to
    be the inability to remain in
    community with the congro
    that at one time believed
    i was an asset to their cause....

they only changed their minds
    when i changed mine!!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

jump in africanGBmember the water's fine.

drugs, prostitution, gangmember - if that happens to be your xjw experience when you leave, don't worry, there's a lot you can do about it - assuming you do want to do something about it.

ql

• Nowman
    Nowman

I think if people have been raised in a cult time religion, and get out, some will go down the road of self-destruction and some will not. This applies to all fanatical cult religions. When I 1st left at 18 (16 years ago), I went out into the real world for the 1st time wanting to experience all I could but I never realized how hurt I really was or how it affected my life. I had to learn through life experience. Alot of JWs get DFd, go down the path of self-destruction out of fear, get in trouble, etc...then they wind up returning because they believed the JWs were right, it is Satan, I need to go back...or they have no where else to go...all because of the cult mentality.

It is not about the JWs being right (in fact that is how they brainwash you), being raised in a cult in my case was abuse. I can't change what happened but I made sure I was going to have a bright future no matter what...

I started living life once I got over the gulit of leaving because it was all I ever knew.

Nikki

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The JW's right? Interesting.

I would say that first of all, you would need to define 'trouble'. Then you say 'so many you know'..well then you would have to give us a list of people you do know so we could judge just how many is 'so many'.

A person raised in the WTS is raised most often without any coping skills and so when they are forced out of the society, they don't understand where to go or how to get help. They are fearful of everything on the outside aka in the world, as a direct result of their involvement in the WTS and so don't know how to cope. To believe that the WTS is right by teaching such extreme fear, guilt and isolation is interesting..believing that to use fear of shunning as a tool to keep members in line, is tantamount to some forms of torture. The WTS doesn't teach morals...it doesn't have the market on morality and so while some JW's do go a little crazy when they leave, sometimes its only a perception by other JW's and it's never as bad as they like to gossip about and sometimes it's just a learning curve.

sammieswife.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

AGBM says: "The point is: don't ever get yourself into a position of being DF'd, because jehovah will abandon you and hand you over to satan, so don't question the elders, don't have sex before marriage, always submitt to the FDS, period!"

That is exactly the point Watchtower Corporation keeps hammering into dub heads. And it's not just a matter of "don't have sex before marrage", you'd better not even touch your own privates or you'll turn gay. And if a gal shows a bit too much skin at the DC, she's as evil as a crack-whore. Remember, masturbation and cleavage are their idea of Satanic trouble.

They counsel that the safest place to be protected from Satan and the world is in the center of the congregation, avoiding any fringe activities or thinking. This summer at the DC there will likely be interviews or "dramas" of somedubby who had "left the truth" but found "the world" so terrible and abusive that they just had to "humble themselves" and "return to the truth" for Jehovah's blessing [cue tears and applause]. That's about the time that I projectile vomit, covering 10 rows down and 4 seats across.

In dubland, the crash-and-burn cases get the most press by far. I agree, as already stated, that many who leave go on to bigger and better things, enjoying freedom. Do you think they talk about those cases at the DC or in the congregations? Of course not. But for those of us still dragging ourselves to the Kingdumb Hell, it's the DFd that have their names in the police report that get talked about. Most of those who are reinstated talk about all the Satanic wickedness that plagued them until they returned. So the cult-based conclusion is that MOST DFd become Satanic trainwrecks. So, "don't ever leave the truth because the end is soooo close"... ah, love that cult mantra.

Personally, I'm not planning on DF or DA, I'm trying to fade. Threads like this remind me that I don't have to end up in "some sort of trouble"... unless it's the fun, legal kind of "trouble".

B the X

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Thanx for the inspirational points Billy.

How does one Fade, and how long can one fade before being caught and possibly DF'd? Perhaps this is the way to go.

GB

• steve2
    steve2

A sloppybut eye-catching question elicitsarange of answers. If you must ask a question about "some"sort of trouble, why not aboutthis\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit