Does Roman Catholicism Teach The "Truth"?

by minimus 180 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

StAnn,

I'm not sure why any of that is necessary. To me it should all be about Jesus. And clothing that defines ranking? Not sure what Jesus would have to say about that. No offense... just not feelin' it.

Coffee

• beksbks
    beksbks

The only time I have been to a church other than a Kingdom Hall, was an Episcopalian one. I thought it was pretty cool. Beautiful building, lot's of pomp, robes, incense................... Sing, pray, kneel, pray, stand, sing, pray, kneel...............certainly no time to get boring. Then a nice short little talk on love. Great stuff. If it wasn't bible based, and you didn't need to believe in god, I would probably go semi regularly.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Mouthy, I went to the USCCB site and looked at the studies they farmed out. It's showing the diocesan priests at 3-4% and the religious orders at 1.5-2%. I stand corrected. My data was old.

However, even at the top range of 4%, I don't want to malign the 96% who take their vocation seriously.

St. Ann

• StAnn
    StAnn

Mouthy, I'm trying to read as much as I can on Tom Doyle. I'm not ignoring you.

Anyway, something I find interesting: a statement in an article that came up when I googled Tom Doyle said,

"Doyle says that this new, emboldened spirit has kept the momentum going as more and more victims come forward even today. The scandal of 2002 marked a culmination of events and forces: the revelations of secret documents; the power of the Internet to connect victims; a heightened cultural consciousness about sex abuse; a new determination from reporters to tell the story. "

I'm thinking that the WTS will not be able to dodge the Internet bullet for too much longer. If we can just get more news outlets involved in telling our stories.

St. Ann

• StAnn
    StAnn

Minimus, just out of curiosity, why did you start this particular thread?

St. Ann

• yesidid
    yesidid

Great thread! One of your best.

Thanks Min.

Some people seem to think it's OK to find every conceivible thing wrong with the JW's, but we must say nothing negative about the Church of the Inquisition.

They are birds of a feather.

yesidid

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm thinking that the WTS will not be able to dodge the Internet bullet for too much longer. If we can just get more news outlets involved in telling our stories.

St. Ann

YES Agree How I wish we could see" Agenda" do a documentary on the JWS
    /I am trying to find out how to get in touch with the Producers of last night documentry
    But one of the Priests that molested & raped over 100 kids.Was intervied He admitted
    to them all( even raping a 9month old baby) He is now living FREE in Ireland.
    Many of the BIG Shots in the Church also admitted even though they KNEW what he had done
    They sent him on to another Parish. I have to admit I dont think a JW ELDER
    would ever admit on Camara to doing any thing wrong.
    I have to say I was VERY UPSET by watching the documentary .It made me VERY ANGRY!!!!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Yesidid, say as much negative as you want about the Catholic Church. No one is stopping you. Just be accurate, is all I ask. Oh, and you won't be shunned or called an apostate for criticizing the Church, either.

Mouthy, that is so horrible. Nine months old? How can he be living free in Ireland? Don't they have prisons? It doesn't make sense.

As Robin Williams says, "It's not just a sin--it's a felony."

St. Ann

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Oh, and you won't be shunned or called an apostate for criticizing the Church, either.

St Ann,

That is true, but neither will you be shunned if you are a pedophile.

You will just be shifted to another parish.

yesidid

• StAnn
    StAnn

Yesidid~Not anymore, thank God. And my bishop is one of those who ignored the letters from parishioners complaining of sexual abuse, so it's not as if I'm naive. I'm pretty sure there's a special hell for people like that. We're getting a new bishop now. Hopefully he's not corrupt. Seems pretty much a straight arrow from his previous postings.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit