Does Roman Catholicism Teach The "Truth"?

by minimus 180 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Catholic teaching speaks truth to me. Others don't have to feel the same way, it's OK. We are all going to go home to the Father one way or another unless we don't want to.

BTS

• StAnn
    StAnn

Burn, so true. I guess that's the one point I would like to make here. You don't HAVE to be Catholic and I'm not trying to convert everyone. It's all about free will.

At the same time, I feel it necessary to try to clarify things that are put out about my church that are misguided.

St. Ann

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

St. Ann. Thank you so much for your gift. You have a PM.

I'm not going to argue with Jesus. I figure he knows what he's doing.

Me too.

BTS

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yesidid:

As you say Beks it's about power. ... We saw the inquisition when the Catholic Church had complete power. ... The WBTS has learned well from the Catholics, and, given the same power, I am tempted to think we might see someting similar.

Describe the Inquisition in factual historical terms. Where was it located? Did the Church approve of it? Was it a localized problem to a part of Spain, all of Spain, all of western Europe, all of Europe, all of the known Catholic world? Why is it actually referred to as the Spanish Inquisition? How did it start? Did the Church provide any guidance? Was that guidance followed or ignored? Was is the position of the Church today? Does the Church still haver an Office of Inquisition?

lets have some facts, rather than bandy about the Inquisition as though it was something it may not have been. Explore various sources, not just anti-Catholic ... but neutral historical sources and also Catholic sources.

Start here: http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php?id=6129 Then here: http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php?id=6130

Clue: In the case of Canonical Inquisition, the Church set about judicial guidance to chase down criminals ... like murders and rapists.

Whatever the truth is of your research, let it be told, both favorable and unfavorable ... and note your sources, whether they are credible ... and be careful of Wikipedia, as it is still not professionally peer reviewed, and can be biased in parts.

I am not endorsing what happened in some respects of the Inquisition ... but it certainly needs to be clarified in a proper historical context.

I am also starting a new post on a related topic.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So your starting a new post amazing. Keep it up
    You & St Anne may gain a few converts I DONT believe in the Catholic Church

But keep it up... who knows you may be able to convert a few Atheists.

As for ME I will follow the LORD!!!! No MEN!!!!!!( or woman Ann

• beksbks
    beksbks
    You don't HAVE to be Catholic and I'm not trying to convert everyone. It's all about free will.

Unless of course you choose to have a legal abortion, or marry your same sex partner.

• minimus
    minimus

You'll never get to heaven if you that stuff!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Good! I'm happy to expose religions that don't teach truth.

And just who has the truth, Min? Those of us with inquiring minds want to know who has the truth according to minimus, who cannot even be bothered to post his real name.

So your starting a new post amazing. Keep it up
    You & St Anne may gain a few converts I DONT believe in the Catholic Church

But keep it up... who knows you may be able to convert a few Atheists.

As for ME I will follow the LORD!!!! No MEN!!!!!!( or woman Ann

Wow Grace. Aren't you especially self righteous today?

• minimus
    minimus

How come the Mafia can do all these "mortal sins" and still be members of the Church? All a Catholic has to do is go to confession and it's all good, plus donate....What a racket!

• minimus
    minimus

Robdar, I know who doesn't have the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit