Does Roman Catholicism Teach The "Truth"?

by minimus 180 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Coffee ... I am starting a new post titled, 'Myths about the Church - to Coffee' It is directed to you because the questions are yours, but I want a new thread because this one has gotten way too long, and I think some fresh attention to your questions is good. I hope that I am right.

• minimus
    minimus

Robdar, I'm sure you understand what I'm saying and what I'm not saying. You might be stubborn but you aren't stupid.

This thread has been most interesting. I appreciate that we can reason with one another, discuss our differences and still be friends.

Coffee, I'm glad you contributed here.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Amazing, where's the new thread? I'll post some explanations to it later today.

St. Ann

• Amazing
    Amazing

St.Ann.

I am working on it as I write this ... and it will be up in a while ...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

StAnn,

Of course I am interested in your answers. Please post them or pm them...whatever you are more comfortable with.

Amazing

Great idea!

BTS

I still intend to read and comment on your link. I haven't yet. Got distracted last night and didn't get to it. Today is a gorgeous day here, so I'm going to go enjoy it with my sweetheart... so I may not get to it today.

Mouthy (((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) You are the bestest!

This has turned out to be a very interesting thread! Thanks Minimus for starting it!

Coffee

• Robdar
    Robdar

I could look at a forgery and say it isn't true, real. I don't have to be an art expert to make that truthful statement,

Robdar, I'm sure you understand what I'm saying and what I'm not saying. You might be stubborn but you aren't stupid.

Actually, Min, I didn't want to point out that your reasoning was false.

How can you know a forgery without knowing what a true dollar bill, painting, or signature looks like? So, you made my point: You cannot know that which is false without knowing that which is true.

I am sure you understand what I'm saying and not saying. You may be stubborn but you aren't stupid.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I still intend to read and comment on your link. I haven't yet. Got distracted last night and didn't get to it. Today is a gorgeous day here, so I'm going to go enjoy it with my sweetheart... so I may not get to it today.

No problem Coffee. It is a beautiful day down here in Florida too. Have fun! Peace.

BTS

• minimus
    minimus

You don't have to be 100% knowledgeable on a subject in order to *know* something isn't right.

I'm no expert on $100 bills but I may very well be able to spot a phony.

I have some knowledge of $100 bills and religion but I don't claim to be an expert on anything but I know when something isn't right.

• minimus
    minimus

Just a thought....a person may THINK they KNOWwhat is true and they may be very wrong in their understanding. They may even conclude they know what is "false" based upon their own self deception.

• Dagney
    Dagney

"The only thing I know for sure is that we live and that we die."

- Sister Wendy Beckett

I'm with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit