IF THIS IS TRUE IT IS MASSIVE!!!!!!!!

by Hobo Ken 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I heard the same type of spiel when I was a Bethelite (coming from geebees or high ups....) that they would only replace geebees for unfaithfulness (like Judas) but if one would die, then a replacement would not be necessary. Of course, the 1995 generation change changed that...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Wait a minute...isn't it possible that this is true, and it's just another way of hiding the true identities of those who are running things? The WB&TS is a faceless corporation to the general public, so what would it hurt for it to be the same to the sheep? It eliminates the chances of scandal and apostasy on an individual basis, (such as Greenlees, Chitty and Ray Franz).

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

thanks for noticing!!!!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bollocks

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Hearsay is all that is. Not until something like that were in writing would it be holy writ. Actually rumors of that have spread for a while. The operating philosophy is that control would shift to members of the great crowd. The bringing in of the "given ones" and the enhanced role of the branch offices were all supposed moves in that direction. But nowhere have I ever seen any direct indication that the GB are ready to ride off into the proverbial sunset. I have a feeling it would fuel so much speculation on when the end is coming that it would become an embarassment. But it's great to fantasize....

Isaac

• ninja
    ninja

hey matt.....tell them you can no longer listen to their apostate talk....he he

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

@ watson

"End game: They have some 50 plus year olds on the Gov Body now. That gives them about 40 years to to wind down to the end. Wow, another 40 years. That's a long time to be on the alert."

@ NINJA

Lol just don't tell my local elders in my new church I might get viewed as a weak one and not get any privs....

My thinking on the matter is similar to watson.The mrs and I were talking about it last night and figured the same, true or not it gives them another half a decade to delude the R'n'F a little more.

As someone else stated they could easily change the position if they needed to in the future.

Here is another way of looking at it:

Suppose the scenario is the same as a factory that's in financial trouble and the workforce are given the oppertunity to take over the operation and run it themselves? The workers are much less likely to diss the factory and what it is producing and would work harder and be more loyal, not wanting to leave for another job elsewhere.

Now we already know that the writing committees are made up of "other sheep" and the material written is only approved by the GB right?

The president is already OS although just in a legal setting.

They are already telling the elders they are the "glorious ones" and will be the "chieftain class" which engenders a sense of importance and the feeling you are kind of running the show at a local level. Why would an elder want to jump ship and jeopardise this wonderful position?

Perhaps they figure that if there is no real discernable difference between who's doing the teaching and who's being taught all the JW's will think "hey we're all in this together" let's all pull in the same direction( a bit like a slave ship say....)

It could go back to being the same way they presented the NWT to the public , a faceless bunch of unaccountable guys who you can't direct any anger toward.

I mean no man ever hated his own flesh did he? It was one "us the OS. THAT WROTE IT!!"

H.K.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Fred Franz used to always say he would be the last pres.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is just another tactic to make people think the end is imminent. They have people that are in their 50s now, and when they get old enough and are near dying, they can always go back to replacing the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in its entirity.

• aniron
    aniron

I recall something similar being said a few years ago.

They brought those two "young" guys onto the GB and with the increase in the "anointed" they will have plenty to choose from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit