Letter to my in-laws regarding shunning over Easter period.

by jakes 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

powerful letter, i would love to know what goes through a JW head when reading it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Fabulously written. I wish I could say it would be read... or if read at all, not be read defensively by the cult personalities.

Regardless, I understand why you wrote it, all too well. Good luck to you.

Love,
    Baba.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow, you wrote two books that more or less trash the JW's!! While I don't approve of shunning just for disagreeing with JW doctrine, I can kind of understand why they treated you like this. What do you expect when you publish books attacking their religion...hugs and kisses?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

I saw myself saying every word of that letter to my own family members.....it's exactly how I feel and I couldn't have put it any better myself. Hope it's made you feel better getting it off your chest.

• jakes
    jakes

iknowall, it was good getting it off my chest. As you mention flipper, I delibrately stayed away from debating doctrine with them.

It is hard to reach past years of indoctrination by the Watchtower. And as the saying goes, you got to kill them with kindness sometimes.

jakes

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Robin,

Your new book is great. Thank you very much.

-LWT

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

HI there Jakes. I was in Port Elizabeth and Jeffreys Bay this easter. We could have met for lunch!

Nice letter, love it. I pray the read all of it.

Agent Smith

• jakes
    jakes

Thanks LWT. It has opened many peoples minds here in South Africa.

Agent Smith. We definately have to get together again soon.

jakes

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great letter. Powerful.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I think it was well-said. Good on you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit