***Things You'd Like To Say But Stifle Yourself From Saying***

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    and Rocco?? What about haim, FF?

Of course, I always care what Rocco thinks. He's being very nice to me today, sticking his toys into my mouth. He must feel sorry for me because I hurt my back.

W

• ziddina
    ziddina

This is one of those 'rumors' I have to fully chase - research. I've heard/read on some of the expose' websites that Judge Rutherford actually had a brothel for the Bethel brothers - kept them from getting married and leaving, thereby depriving the WTBTS of their free labor. 'Course, ol' Drunk pseudo-Judge Rutherford had a mistress or two, himself.... Wonder if he was dating the Madams?? Ziddina

• minimus
    minimus

Never heard that one!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

This is an interesting thread...I had an interesting experience the other day. Like Minimus, I still have several devout JW family members in so I measure my words when discussing "sensitive" issues with them.

I was invited to my nephew's wedding (at the last minute as an after-thought), but specifically not to the reception. I explained to my brother that I was declining to attend since I did not want to subject my non-JW wife to shunning and rude behavior from the other guests nor did I want to take away from the young couple's day by creating awkward situations. I offered my best wishes to the bride and groom, and said I would be sending a gift to them.

My brother responded graciously, but ended his e-mail to me with the following:

"Now, think about adjusting matters so when Bxxxx's big day rolls around it will be a complete family celebration."

Once again, it is MY fault that we aren't together as a family, and if I just repent and "return to the fold" all will be well. I really was tempted to fire back a snappy comeback to this, but I felt I would be the better man and just let it go...

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Maybe I should have responded by saying what a great witness their actions create for my "never a JW" wife...she is soooo impressed by the Christian love and forgiveness

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I'd like to casually ask my parents, "Hey, remember in 1975, when you said I wouldn't finish high school, and I'd never have to have a career? Then you guys took early retirement to pioneer? Wow, isn't it a lucky, er, fortunate, that I got a good government job so I can help you now with food and utilities? I mean, who woulda thought I'd be planning MY retirement in a few years?"

Wonder what they'd have to say?

• minimus
    minimus

Virgo, I like it!

Actually, I like this thread. Nothin' like getting to hear true feelings!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I wonder how many of us kids who weren't ever supposed to see careers are helping our elderly parents out financially nowadays? How many of us are darned lucky (yes, I said the "L" word!) to have stumbled upon good jobs in spite of not being allowed to go to college, and now we help Mom and Dad with groceries or mail Wal-Mart gift cards to them? Don't they feel the littlest twinge of guilt? Because we did it in spite of them, and without their help. We made it on our own.

I want to ask, "Aren't you secretly just a bit proud of me?

• John Doe
    John Doe

If I stifle myself from saying something, what makes you think I'd say it here?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well I'm mildly surprised

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit