***Things You'd Like To Say But Stifle Yourself From Saying***

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Due to the fact that my mother and some other relatives and a handful of friends are devout Jehovah's Witnesses, I sometimes stifle my remarks regarding "The Truth".

My mother asked me if I felt bad at all for not attending the Memorial this year. (She still holds hope I might come back). I simply said that I did not feel bad at all. I could've explained in detail why the Memorial celebration performed by JWs is illogical but I refrained from doing so.

Have you ever NOT used your power of full expression and backed off from someone, rather than "go there"???

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I do stifle myself from saying certain things to my JW parents that I do not want to lose in touch with. I hear what you are saying.

• minimus
    minimus

Also, some dear people just wouldn't get it. They are too indoctrinated.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Not saying what you really feel like saying is tough. But, I've learned as I've matured that most of the time, it's best to NOT say it, especially where your JW family is concerned. A short sweet reply like you did is best, unless they express a true desire to know your thoughts. Most JWs don't really want to know though.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would like to say; "Fu#k Jehovah!

• minimus
    minimus

Well 007, maybe it's good that we stifle at times, huh?

• carla
    carla

The internet is not big enough to tell of all the times I bite my tongue! Take the Reject Jesus party they have for instance, I would like to tell my jw how unscriptural it is blah, blah, blah, or how it mimics a satanic high mass quite closely but why bother? Besides I get the feeling my jw is getting more 'priveleges' lately so he would be extra dubby about everything anyway. Mine gets kind of weird around Easter time, more so than Christmas. To bad, he will have to suck it up and go do the Easter thingy we do every year with family.

• catbert
    catbert

I stifle myself around JW's, Catholics, Baptists, and all other people who believe the Noahs ark story.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I have bitten my tongue for years out of "respect" for my JW family. You know what? They don't show any respect to me! I'm done being respectful. I'm done being nice. I'm done being tolerant. Next time we have a "family reunion" and one of my idiot JW brothers gets up to say the prayer before the meal, I'm going to stand up and say, "I object! I don't want no cult-member praying to their phony Jehoober over my food. Let me fill my plate first before that M-F puts a curse on it."

It's a two-way street and I'm done putting up with their crap. I just dare one of them to speak to me.

StAnn

Not so saintly today.

• StAnn
    StAnn

catbert, I'm Catholic but there is a wide range of beliefs among Catholics. I have a friend who actually went to the Creation Museum down in KY. She came back, talking about how great it is, and I couldn't stop laughing. I guess I should say that I HAD a friend who went to the Creation Museum....! And don't even get me started on Noah's Ark or the whole first ten chapters of Genesis.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit