***Things You'd Like To Say But Stifle Yourself From Saying***

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Boy, it's tough. I have to install a new filter every time I see a family member. Can't talk about things I've learned regarding JW's, can't talk about work or friends I have there, can't even talk about the kids because they are in sports and have girl friends etc. I was droning on about the weather but now lately that gets us on the topic of global warming and how armageddon's gotta come soon.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I rarely stifle anything about jws. If they bring it up, then they are opening the door. The only time I stifle is if more words will close their ears.

I will be spending the day stifling things w/the in-laws tomorrow, giving the finger while my hands are in my pockets.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I would love to show my family all the Watchtower comment videos, but I think if I did they might stop talking to me.

I would also like to tell all my young relatives not to get baptized. I might still do that someday real soon.
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

I was droning on about the weather but now lately that gets us on the topic of global warming and how armageddon's gotta come soon.

I know that's true.

When you can't even talk about the weather without it triggering armageddon talk, there's not much left to say.

It's best to avoid JWs when they are reading a newspaper or watching news.

• minimus
    minimus

It's a good thing I learned how to compartmentalize things. If not, all hell would break loose!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I think we all stifle ourselves. We learned as young children that if we said what's on our minds, we'd get smacked, shamed or punished in some way. The lesson was reinforced in school, with our friends,etc, where there are consequences to speaking our minds. We can't speak our minds around the opposite sex or on the job. Just pick any social interaction, and you'll find people stifling themselves.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Someone once said to me, "Teach a man against his will, and he'll hold the same opinion still."

I've reached the stage where I don't care what others think or believe. What's important is that I'm comfortable with my own beliefs.

W

• minimus
    minimus

and Rocco?? What about haim, FF?

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm being totally bratty here... Why not let a "Freudian" slip out, like "Man, I wish I could find out where the brothel for the Bethelites was in the 1930's!!" Or, "I wonder if the Mexican Witnesses are still bribing the officals for their military cards??" then blush, look embarrassed, and say "OOOPS! I wasn't supposed to mention that to you!"

Zid

• minimus
    minimus

what brothel???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit