PETA

by beksbks 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

JD:

Couldn't have been worse than my day. I had a customer from hell today.

~hands JD a cuppa too~

Toke?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Thanks!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

PETA started off with a decent concept, but they take it way too far. They're not as extreme as ALF, but I still don't like 'em.

• beksbks
    beksbks

They treat people like animals!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    They treat people like animals!

I'm still trying to get people to treat me like an animal.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I know you guys didn't believe me...............

Pet Shop Boys reject Peta request

Pet Shop Boys Pet Shop Boys recently released Yes, their 10th studio album

Pop group Pet Shop Boys have revealed they have turned down a request by animal rights group Peta to rename themselves the Rescue Shelter Boys.

"Peta Europe has written to Pet Shop Boys with a request they are unable to agree to," reads a post on the band's official website.

But the band admits the request "raises an issue worth thinking about".

Peta's letter requests the name change because of the cruelty it alleges takes place in the pet trade.

If the band were to agree to the name change, it continues, it would "encourage your millions of fans to consider giving a home to an abandoned or unwanted animal from an animal shelter".

'Bizarre'

In her letter, Peta's special projects manager Yvonne Taylor admits that her request"may at first seem bizarre".

It goes on to list a series of criticisms against the way pet shops obtain, maintain and house their animals.

Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe were inspired to call themselves the Pet Shop Boys by friends who worked in a pet shop in west London.

Originally named West End, the electronic pop duo won a Brit award for their outstanding contribution to music earlier this year.

The group - whose hits include West End Girls, Heart and It's A Sin - released Yes, their 10th studio album, last month.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Has anyone seen the South Park episode where the PETA people have animal wives and the boys say, "Gosh, I guess I don't love animals quite as much as you do!" It's a classic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit