PETA

by beksbks 46 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

What are your thoughts on this organization?

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

That's pretty strong isn't it My Struggle?

• Apostapler
    Apostapler

At best they are strong advocates for animal rights, environmental conservation and anti-cruelty.

At worst, they are annoying extremists who make me want to butcher my own cow and eat it raw just to shut them up.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I read today where PETA wants the band Pet Shop Boys to change their name to be more 'animal friendly.' Strange times we live in. Perception is reality and all that.

I will be on my deck with a good book, watching the clouds over the Pacific if anyone wants me. Pffffttt!

• beksbks
    beksbks

They make me want to amend the first amendment

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    At best they are strong advocates for animal rights, environmental conservation and anti-cruelty.

At worst, they are annoying extremists who make me want to butcher my own cow and eat it raw just to shut them up

OMG! This got a real chuckle out of me!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yea, the very mention of them makes me hungry for veal.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm ambivalent. They're too extremist to help animals. Sometimes they cause more atrocities toward animals.

Although, if you've ever seen how minks and other animals are "harvested" for their skins, you might want to spray paint fur coats, too. I saw a video of how the animals are treated -- it nearly made me throw up.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I sometimes agree with them. But their methods more often than not undermine the cause they are fighting for. For example, turning minks loose into the wild isn't exactly beneficial for the minks. They would be more effective and have more credibility if they were less extreme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit