PETA

by beksbks 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

One should pay as much attention to PETA as to Coulter and Limbaugh.

Verbal diarhhea is nothing to be proud of or famous for.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Big Tex, FTW!

• avishai
    avishai

Well, with their affiliations with the ALF, they're definitely not ethical. The ALF does stuff like release non-indiginous mink into the wild. Thank god that they all died by being run over, etc. If theyd bred and survived, they would have seriously effed up the local ecosystem.

• restrangled
    restrangled

PETA is way out of line. They expose many horrible situations, then create their own.

No one should be critisized for wearing fur, eating meat etc. What should be focused on is where all this stuff comes from and where you can make a difference with your purchases.

Like free range chickens and eggs. Smaller farms that let their cattle roam free before they are butchered. etc. etc.

If we all just make small changes, it makes a huge difference.

I'm sorry, I am totally against animal testing. Many animals are exposed to chemicals dropped into thier eyes. Please check the company you buy makeup/shampoo from. Many use rabbits to test commercial makeup to see if it causes blindness.

Many animals are abused, caged, and used for human benefits. One is pregnant horses kept permanently in stalls.....their urine is used in a female hormone pill for post menepausal women who can't deal with their sysmptoms. There are other options available.

They are kept pregnant, denied enough water because it concentrates the urine, and the fouls are either, put to the same use or gotten rid of.

This to me, is abuse of animals.

If you want a new pet adopt from your local shelter. There are plenty of pedigreed animals that need loving homes now, because people cannot afford to keep their pets.

r.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I'm sorry, I am totally against animal testing. Many animals are exposed to chemicals dropped into thier eyes. Please check the company you buy makeup/shampoo from. Many use rabbits to test commercial makeup to see if it causes blindness.

Restrangled, its not only cosmetics which get tested on animals.

If you drive a car, use paint, buy any clothes from the high street, eat any processed food, drink any tap or bottled water, drink alcohol, use any medications, keep your pets up-to-date with vaccination boosters, flea treatments etc, use household cleaners, to name but a few things, they and/or the chemicals used in processing will have been tested on animals.

As for pregnant mares too, why single them out? Dairy cows are kept pregnant so that they keep producing milk, their calves are removed from them within days - the males are often killed straight away, a useless by-product.

Male chickens are gassed - useless by-product whether born free or not.

And at the end of the day a slaughterhouse operation does not differentiate between free range or factory farmed.

Where do we draw the line? If people want to avoid all animal testing, the only option is to live under the stars and survive off the land.

• beksbks
    beksbks

*scuffle scuffle scuffle* *Yawn*

Heyyyyyyy!! Who hijacked my thread!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Busted!

Yo, Beks. sleep well?

• beksbks
    beksbks

No actually. Too many patrons buggin' me. Was a weird kinda stressful day. I know many of you might say "Library, stressful?". But you've never seen this place. It's jam packed most of the time, and Fri-Mon is insane.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I've hung out at enough libraries to know the patrons can be a pain in the ass.

~hands beks a cuppa tea~

• John Doe
    John Doe
    No actually. Too many patrons buggin' me. Was a weird kinda stressful day. I know many of you might say "Library, stressful?". But you've never seen this place. It's jam packed most of the time, and Fri-Mon is insane.

Couldn't have been worse than my day. I had a customer from hell today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit