MEMORIAL SHOCK!!!!

by african GB Member 39 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I see no need to partake. I don't believe we were born into sin, hence we do not need the ransom sacrifice. As such, I also see no need to even waste the time to go to the Kingdumb Hell.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The point was already made that the scripture about partaking unworthily had nothing to do with the JW doctrine of two different crowds. It had to do with being involved in sin when partaking.

I have mixed feelings about "partaking." If you are a visitor or a fader that believes in Christ, then the invitation from the Bible is yours to take. If you have a hope of seeing Jesus in heaven, feel free to partake.

In my opinion only, as I don't really care what others decide on this matter, "mocking" the JW ceremony by partaking when you don't really believe in the idea of going to heaven to be with Christ, is a sad thing to do. The WTS is aweful, but the members are just duped, and mocking in front of them is just a shock that doesn't wake them up- it drives them further to believing they need to isolate from "the world." Not partaking out of respect if you are a believing Christian is fine, if you reject the WTS. You are really rejecting the whole way the memorial is done and not rejecting Jesus. But my opinion is that such a believer would be better off just to skip the memorial and then skip his moral conflict.

In short, a person who believes they should partake at church probably shouldn't be there. If some dubs invite you, feel free to go and partake or not. If you go for a family member, just to make them happy, then don't partake as that won't make them happy.

I support the right of those that protest outside, but I won't join them. IMO, protests confirm their persecution complex.

• moshe
    moshe

Jehobah has decided the earth is just too polluted now to be a paradise for everyone, so the rest of the JW's who are alive now will soon get the call to heaven. The GB will have a flash of new light about this when they see the large increase in partakers. When the announce the change at the District assembly everyone will see just how wise the F&DS are and fall in line immediately and decide they have a heavenly calling, too.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Give the old man some credit!

Where else on earth can a worthless, burnt out no count get a second chance?

By partaking at Memorial the R&F with suddenly think that their road to everlasting life depends upon making this "Johnny Come Lately" happy.

After being ignored for years, suddenly the "sheep' will await his trembling word with anticipation and praise his wisdom. If he needs food, transportation, money, attention, ANYTHING! The faithful will believe that they have done it for Jesus and "the least of these, my Brothers."

Being of the annointed, therefore, is a lucerative occupatrion. Just look at all the unseen "slaves" in New York who recieve benefits ranging from monthly Congregation tithing (yes, I said tithing) to funds from entire estates simply for professing a heavenly calling and hiding behind the curtain.

My suggestion to anyone still in the group is to take the emblems and watch how people will begin to "slave" for you! That old man probably knows what he is doing. He has turned the tables!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ reniaa - it's useful to read the context of the verses you quote. I realise that the Watch Tower Society uses 1 Cor 11 as a warning against taking the memorial emblems if one does not believe one is going to heaven. However, the context states the following;

17 But, while giving these instructions, I do not commend YOU because it is, not for the better, but for the worse that YOU meet together. 18 For first of all, when YOU come together in a congregation, I hear divisions exist among YOU ; and in some measure I believe it. 19 For there must also be sects among YOU , that the persons approved may also become manifest among YOU .

20 Therefore, when YOU come together to one place, it is not possible to eat the Lord’s evening meal . 21 For, when YOU eat [it], each one takes his own evening meal beforehand, so that one is hungry but another is intoxicated. 22 Certainly YOU do have houses for eating and drinking, do YOU not? Or do YOU despise the congregation of God and make those who have nothing ashamed? What shall I say to YOU ? Shall I commend YOU ? In this I do not commend YOU .

The problem was people turning up drunk or turning up hungry and making a glutton of themselves. These are the ones who were partaking unworthily.

Who should take of the emblems, Reniaa? Jesus has the answer;

John 6:3 5 Jesus said to them: “ I am the bread of life . He that comes to me will not get hungry at all, and he that exercises faith in me will never get thirsty at all. 36 But I have said to YOU , Y OU have even seen me and yet do not believe.

48 “ I am the bread of life .

50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven ; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever ; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”

53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU , Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves . 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. 58 T his is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.”

So, Reniaa, do you fancy a shot at everlasting life? Guess what you need to do? Eat the bread of life. Jesus is the living bread and everyone eating this bread will live forever. It's not particularly complicated, is it? You eat the bread at the memorial. And if you want your sins forgiven, as I'm sure you do, you drink the wine.

Funnily enough, the idea of taking Christ's flesh repelled, offended and stumbled many of his followers; they simply would not want to eat this bread of life. So, they left off following him. Ironically, this is the portion of the Bible that the Watch Tower Society use to condemn people like me who have left off following their Organisation. Yet, I'm not offending, repelled or stumbled at the idea of eating the bread of life. In fact, I'm going to church in just over an hour to do just that. But you, Reniaa, and around 7 million practicing Jehovah's Witnesses would be horrified at the idea of eating the bread of life.

Reniaa, for your own sake, please join the dots...Why does the Organisation you obey not want you to take the Bread of Life?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Password john 6 Jesus is clearly talking about himself and the bread at the memorial is also representing him to and how we will need to follow him and walk Jesus's path.

the bread at the memorial is not life just the symbol of Jesus who is the bread of life! so you are misapplying the john scripture.

Jesus had many followers by the time of the memorial but he only invited the appostles no one else? why?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, when Paul wrote about what you call the memorial in 1 Cor 11, was he writing to just the apostles?

Quite how you can read John 6 where Jesus describes himself as the bread of life and then says " Most truly I say to YOU , Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves" and not see that you need to eat the bread and drink the wine at the memorial to get life is quite stunning.

When Jesus offers you life, why would you allow men on earth to say, "no, that's not for you" and then look for reasons to excuse them? I'm sorry, I just don't understand it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa, Pls answer passwordprotected.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin
    1 Corinthians 11:27-28 (New International Version)

27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.

For their own sake I wouldn't advise anyone to partake out of any motive accept a genuine one of understanding their commitment, this is a biblical thing to do uniquely with God, Jesus and the partakers whichever Christian faith you are it is not a thing to mock!

One of the few things you have ever uttered that I can agree with.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

African GB Member - which congregation you going to brother? and tell me .... are you voting this year? I am - whooop whoop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit