MEMORIAL SHOCK!!!!

by african GB Member 39 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Last year in my cong (WELL IT'S NOT REALLY "my cong" AS I'M JUST "IN" FOR THE SAKE OF FAMILY) we had a new "partaker of the EMBLEMS". It came as a shock because this man was only baptized in 2005.

His wife has been a dub from birth.

He was 63 when he got baptized, took "auxilliary" pioneer after 1 month...became a full-time pioneer after a year....became MS after 2years...made an ELDER 6 months later.....2008 he got "ANOINTED"....we were all surprised at the amount of time he took to climb the JW corporate ladder....rumours are that he donated a car to our PO when he (PO) lost his job, and some other FAVOURS( this man is wealthy)...

I'm looking forward to be "just an observer" at this year's MEMORIAL in my cong (I AM THINKING OF PARTAKING MYSELF, BUT I SURE WOULD RATHER NOT,THE "BREAD" IS TASTELESS AND THE WINE IS OF POOR QUALITY,...I DON'T WANNA THROW OUT AT THE MS SERVING THE EMBLEMS)....

Back to that man,...How long would it take him to become a GB member?

african GB member

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I hope you do partake. Let us know how that goes.

The number of heavenly hopers in growing. Might as well catch the ship while it is in port, bro.

Jeff

• reniaa
    reniaa

Anyone can partake they just have to be prepared for the consequences if they haven't come to the table honestly and after personal examination.

I think him joining the gb is the least of his worries.

1 Corinthians 11:27-28 (New International Version)

27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.

For their own sake I wouldn't advise anyone to partake out of any motive accept a genuine one of understanding their commitment, this is a biblical thing to do uniquely with God, Jesus and the partakers whichever Christian faith you are it is not a thing to mock!

• recovering
    recovering

reniaa this man is obviously just a social climber, He is as phoney as the rest of the jws. Why must you defend the jws all the time? If you realy believe that what they say is the truth, you are violating their policy with regards "apostate" sites. If you do not believe in all their policys you are just a MB troll.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

now now, Reniaa is pioneering and needs to get her quota.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Actually I was making a totally biblical point on the actual Emblems of Jesus if you read my words and I was carefully trying to show that it is something that addresses all people who profess to be christians and so is not to be mocked from a purely biblical stand point.

but the usual anti-witness rhetoric i've heard a million times before was bound to come up /bow to your originality guys you ought have these comments in notation somewhere so you can just cut n paste em it would be easier.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Scriptures about partaking UNWORTHILY are to do with partaking when you are practicising a sin.

ALL Christians partook until Judge Druncula said they shouldn't.

partaking "worthily" as defined by the WTBTS is something never before seen in History in any other Christian Church.

Reniaa is quoting the WT understanding of this.

HB

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when the emblems go around, the eyes of the gossippers go around!

"gotta know".... "gotta judge"..... "gotta count 'em"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Reniaa - What if Jesus isn't real? Then what? Or the Bible? Or even God? Or the memorial? Or any church? Or any religion?

As Lennon said: 'Imagine there's no religion. It's easy if you try....'

Just saying.

I dare say that if God is not offended by millenia of people killing each other in the name of God, he likely could give a shit about a few people pretending to meet the Jw 'standards' or even the Biblical ones for eating the Lord's supper.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

but the usual anti-witness rhetoric i've heard a million times before was bound to come up /bow to your originality guys you ought have these comments in notation somewhere so you can just cut n paste em it would be easier.

And yet u are still here posting. Ya know doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is an indication of poor mental health

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit