MEMORIAL SHOCK!!!!

by african GB Member 39 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2
    Back to that man,...How long would it take him to become a GB member?

The trouble with smart people who rise quickly through the ranks is this: They fall quickly too. However, in this man's case,perhaps his influential money will soften the impact of the fall.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Reniaa is right from a purely scriptural perspective; all JW's, if they profess to be genuine Christians with the hope of everlasting life by means of Christ Jesus should partake. We should be commending this guy for having the balls to partake and mocking all JW's who mock him.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Is he perhaps exclusive?

When will the HOLY SPIRIT expose him?

Does the HOLY SPIRIT actually exist?

african GB member

• StAnn
    StAnn

Reniaa has a good point. As a Roman Catholic, I am enjoined from taking communion if I am in mortal sin. Fortunately, I have the sacrament of confession available to me with a duly ordained priest so that I can get out of my state of mortal sin and partake of the body and blood of Our Lord, Jesus Christ. This is why, when politicians are publicly in defiance of Church teaching, such as pro-abortion politicians, their bishops ask them not to present themselves for communion, as they are doing serious damage to their souls by partaking unworthily.

Reniaa, you're taking the Catholic view. When are you going to come home to the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church?

StAnn

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Any way you slice it the JW implementation of the memorial is wrong. All present partook. There were no "observers". For those who think that there is a special "annointed" class and they alone should partake, so be it. Either way, Jesus did not invite outsiders to come and observe in an attempt to turn his last supper into an infomercial as the JWs do.

W

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Renaia,

Why do you take 1 Cor. 11:27-28 out of context? Why don't you back up to begin with verse 17 and then you might see the problem in the Corinthian Church. It had nothing to do with "apostates" participating as was inferred in a Topix thread. Rather some Corinthians did not believe in the real presence of Jesus (his body) in the Lord's Supper nor did they discern the Church as the mystical Body of Christ as evidenced in their self-centered actions in vs. 20-21. Is it any wonder that the church no longer observes these love feasts in association with the Lord's Supper? See Jude 12 and 2 Pet. 2:13 Nor are these passages suggesting that only the "anointed" are worthy, while the "other sheep" are not.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think there was a mistranslation in Revelation. It's supposed to be 144,000,000 anointed.

B the X

• DJK
    DJK

A kingdom malody comes to mind. Is it, "come all you thirsty ones"?

• besty
    besty

Can I ask StAnn - what religion do you think you would you have been if you'd been born in Afghanistan?

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

The Scriptures about partaking UNWORTHILY are to do with partaking when you are practicing a sin.

Who decides whether we are worthy or not ? if it is ourselves, that would be like marking our own homework,

According to the scriptures death cancels out sin, which implies we are all sinners!

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit