Amyfa

I am not and never have been a JW

God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit

Satan said eat it

They both ate the fruit

God banished them from the Garden

The watchtower said don't eat and drink

The JW's don’t eat or drink

Will God banish them from his kingdom (be it earth or heaven)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jesus had many followers by the time of the memorial but he only invited the appostles no one else? why?

Because all the other first century followers of Jesus were "Other Sheep" and had no hope of heavenly life...?

And since these "Other Sheep" weren't present at the first Lord's Evening Meal, "Other Sheep" today shouldn't be present for this event either... right?

Are those the points being made? Only these of Apostolic Succession would attend and partake?

B the X

• african GB Member
  • sacolton
    sacolton

So, the Anointed is without sin? They commit no sin at all? Wow!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Renaia, Christians all partook of the emblems as a group. Among Jesus' actual apostles, there was one who did not partake. Judas. Nice association there. In the NT, people DID partake that were 'only' disciples. There is nothing in the scripture about examining oneself to see if they are earthbound or heavenbound.

Even those JWs who partake are not "known" to be worthy until after they are dead (as all the replacements seem to be showing up). Isn't that what the WT says-they weren't faithful enough until death? If that is when the deal breaking happens, then obviously, no JW is 'worthy' before they die-no one can know!

• african GB Member
  • JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Well it seems that if you donate to the WT officials you will have a fast climb to the lader. I recall a wealthy guy who became an elder in just 2 years after he got baptized. He was donating a great amount to the Org!!!

Really nice points Ontario!!! Actually Jw's shouldn't have any "observers" if they claim that they follow Jesus.

The Flesh and Blood of Jesus is something that every Christian should have in their life. I realize this after I became Christian Orthodox. For the Apostolic Church the Wine and the Bread are not just emblems, they are to Flesh and Blood of Jesus, and they are treated with Holyness. Jesus said "touton esti to soma kai to aima mou" THIS IS my body and my Blood.

JustHuman14 formely known as justhuman

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

So the more $$$ you one gives the better chance of going to.....

african GB member

• Urbanparadise
    Urbanparadise

nice analogy Amyfa. never thought of it like that before

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Reniaa,

I agree also.

Anyone can partake they just have to be prepared for the consequences if they haven't come to the table honestly and after personal examination.

1 Corinthians 11:27-28 (New International Version)

27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.

For their own sake I wouldn't advise anyone to partake out of any motive accept a genuine one of understanding their commitment, this is a biblical thing to do uniquely with God, Jesus and the partakers whichever Christian faith you are it is not a thing to mock!

The think I would add that not taking part is even more risky.

John 6:54 (New International Version)

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

So what is the flip side? Obviously, whoever does not take part had eternal death.

Revelation 20:10 Revelation 20:14 Revelation 21:8

Worth thinking long and hard about, eternity is a long time.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit