• jakmarx
    jakmarx

Is that elder called Stephen?

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

Cos his manner & accent are very similar to someone i know

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ bluesbrothers - this audio podcast series is going to extend to a follow up visit from another 2 elders, then a judicial committee, then an appeal committee. The appeal committee, is of course, put in place by the Circuit Overseer. The whole process was also monitored by the Britain Branch.

So while I agree that these initial recordings feature just 2 local elders, the whole case soon expands to include 6 local elders plus 3 appeal committee elders.

These elders ignore and reject Hobo Ken's legal requests and they ignore the Watch Tower Society's legal charter. They also contradict one another, present 'false testimony' and use hypothetical situations as the basis to disfellowship.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Methinks a bunch of elders have too much time on their hands.

• Still Breaking Free
    Still Breaking Free

I would like to thank you Hobo Ken for posting your experience. I only discovered this site a couple of days ago and this is my first post.

I was brought up as a Witness and our lives were completely devoted. I never felt I fitted in and always felt different and as though there was something wrong with me for not seeing what everyone else seemed to see so clearly. In 2000 at the age of 35 I finally made my stand and broke away with huge consequences in my family. I suffered nightmares and terrible feelings of fear and having let everyone down.

With the help of caring and loving friends I am coming to terms with the fact that I will always be a disappointment to my family, despite the fact that I run a successful small business and my children are growing up to be lovely, grounded, decent people who enjoy their lives.

Your recordings reminded me of the utter control they have over you and the patronising tone of the elders made my stomach turn!!

You showed a really good knowledge of your bible and said your piece with conviction and quiet confidence.

Such is the control they expect that it has affected relationships I have gone on to have and that is a battle I will be fighting for years. It's an insidious control masked behind smiles and smart suits and is incredibly damaging.

I wish you and your family all the best.

• ninja
    ninja

still breaking free..........soon to be called ..."completely free".....welcome to the forum ........da ninja

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

@stillbreaking free. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your support and comments.

It is a struggle and a battle. My reasoning is that if you apply an equal and opposite force then you should get some results even if it takes the rest of your life. Also with the truth of the Bible and god on my side I feel I have a distinct advantage..

My goal is to affect this organisation as much as I can locally and wake people up and if the www. can make a limited global impact then all the better.

M

• ninja
    ninja

hey jakmarx....are you thinking of stephen kennedy?.....

• Still Breaking Free
    Still Breaking Free

Thanks for your welcome ninja and Hobo Ken. It certainly is a struggle, but reading the posts on here have been so helpful. Its good to hear the stuff that goes on in my head being voiced by others!!!

I wish you well Hobo Ken with what you want to achieve - are there more podcasts to come? I have listened to the four covering your shepherding visit.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

I listened to all 4 parts about a week ago. and have to say you and your wife did very well. The only thing I saw you do wrong , was when you had the elder busted on some points (false prophecy) . you let him off the hook. when you have them over a barrell on a teaching you have to push and push. to the point of embarrassing them. I like to ask was that (proper spritual food from jehovah's table) to teach 1925 etc. did jehovah really tell them to preach these lies. also you had him good on " whoses blood guilty for all the jw's that died during the transplant ban" he couldn't get out of it. and I would have pressed it to the hilt. again I really enjoyed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit