How Far Back Does Your Memory Go?

by snowbird 89 Replies latest jw experiences

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I can't remember...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think I remember 1955 when I was 3 years old, in Cleveland.

I remember playing the drums.

And I remember getting run over by a bicycle when I was 3, and having a bottle.

I remember the house and street we lived on when I was 3.

We moved when I was 5.

I start remembering a lot when I started school.

I used to sit and write down all the things I remember in note books.

I have about ten of them.

And I drew pictures of the houses I lived in and my grandparents lived in and

Where my grandparents and father worked,

My family had a shop that made faucets.

MY great grand mother lived in a shack in Atlanta georgia, with chickens in the dirt

yard.

When people died in Atlanta when I was a child they had the funerals/ wakes/ they showed the

bodies in the families living room.

I remember going to the corner store when I was 5 in Atlanta and buying coke for a dime and a bag of chips

for a dime and smashing the chips up and putting it in the coke and drinking it.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

My earliest JW memory was when I was about 3 or 4 and I asked my mother when would I start school. Her answer was 'you'll never get to go to school, because Armagedon will be here by then'.

I'm 42, my youngest daughter has just finished high school.

So my earliest memory was that telling lies is okay....unless you're a worldlie who tells their kids Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are real....those are bad lies. Yeah whatever!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

So, it seems that memories before the age of 2 all have to do with some sort of upheaval.

Otherwise, it's just smooth sailing until age 3 or 4.

Interesting.

Sylvia

• restrangled
    restrangled

My first semi-news story...this is fun!

Watching the Beetles on the Ed Sullivan show with my dad. (He use to let me stay up late with him)....they seemed so wild!

r.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have memories of being under one year old. I could not think in words. I felt my thoughts. I have posted about it on JWD, many years ago. Other posters shared that they also could remember back to the time when their thoughts were felt, rather than thinking in words. This memory is very vivid. And it's been with me since, well, ever since I could remember.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Leo, I lived in Tucker from 1970-1975. I used to go to Smokerise Elementary School and could see Stone Mountain as my bus went down Hugh Howell Road towards the street my school was on. I believe we could see Stone Mountain from the edge of our school yard. Many happy memories of Stone Mountain park.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I recall a few events that took place when I was 3. I know the age based on the place we lived in at that time. Random events, all.

• Looking out a window next to my bed and watching a little girl blowing the seeds off a dandelion seedpuff [whatever the correct name is for those things].
    • Being stung by what I thought and called a 'big fly' during a naptime. [a wasp]
    • My first haircut and mom and dad discussing which side my hair should be parted. [This one might have been earlier than 3 since my hair would have been quite long by three I would assume.]
    • Mom leaving the house while I stood on the porch spinning the wheel of an upturned bicycle and her asking me if I wanted to go along, to which I declined.
    • Friends of the family came over and all the kids got into trouble jumping on the bed, and somebody inserted a penny into his/her rectum which had to be removed. Really!

Jeff

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I remember being a spongy like egg and telling my brother and sisters as they passed by me in the tube

not to wait up on me and I'll be with them in a few years

• snowbird
    snowbird

Fascinating, all.

Hey, FHN.

I've been asking about you!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit