How Far Back Does Your Memory Go?

by snowbird 89 Replies latest jw experiences

• ataloa
    ataloa

Aw, StAnn, that makes me want to pat your little head myself.

I remember being fascinated with my hula hoop at about age 3. I don't remember news stories, but one of my earliest memories of tv was that old Jax beer commercial, with that huzzy blowing bubbles with her gum.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Snowbird. ReallY?What do you want to know?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Jackson/ Faubacher.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I remember living in Canoga Park, CA, and running to the neighbor's house and getting a glass of grape juice. I was about 2 years old.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

FHN....Wow, that's so cool. I went to Stephen's Kindergarten in Tucker, as well as Coralwood Diagnostic Center and Forrest Hills Elementary (both in Decatur). I think the first kingdom hall I ever went to was in Tucker. Could it possibly have been the same one you went to? The only thing I remember about it is that the interior walls had a sort of very rough stucco surface (the kind of thing a child would remember). I also went to my first circuit assembly in that area (the only thing I remember is a man in a wheelchair). All that however would have been after you left, as my mom first started going to meetings in 1976.

Do you remember Memorial Drive? That long road that goes from Decatur to Stone Mountain? I lived just off of there several blocks from Main Street of Stone Mountain. My dad had a craft shop on Main Street. If you moved away in 1975, I suppose you never went to the Sid & Marty Krofft indoor amusement park at the Omni? (That is where CNN headquarters is now) I went there for my birthday and then it closed a few months later, only 6 months after it opened.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Hey, Snowbird. ReallY?What do you want to know?

Just how you and Julian are doing.

Hadn't heard from you in a while.

Sylvia

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Leo, I remember Memorail Drive very well. It's way too busy a road. I found that out back in 1983 when I moved back to Lawrenceville. I raised my kids in Cartersville. I went to the Kingdom Hal, starting in 1976 in Chamblee, Georgia. I moved to Chicago at the end of 1976. And life has been lived all over the place, ever since, except for the many years I spent in Cartersville. 1986-2001.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I have memories back to about 4-5 years old.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Snowbird, Julian and I are doing well. He just turned 13 and is very well behaved. He's not one of those boys who reaches adult height at 12. He is taller than me though. He's 5'4" now. Everyone loves him. It's been almost two years now since Andy's accident. We live with it all better everyday. Andy still has not gone back to work. He's very pleasant company though. We don't know how Mickey is doing. We used to get updates from Connecticut, but they don't inform us any longer, so we just leave him God's hands. Things were very hard two years ago, but they get better all the time.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    so we just leave him God's hands. Things were very hard two years ago, but they get better all the time.

No better Hands than His.

May you continue to find peace.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit