How Far Back Does Your Memory Go?

by snowbird 89 Replies latest jw experiences

• caliber
    caliber
    I remember sitting around a camp fire and listening to Methusaleh tell old man jokes. I swear I am not making this up

Man..... some of the people on this board are even older than I thought !!!!!..........

Cal

• snowbird
    snowbird

This is really bringing stuff back.

When I was 4, my mother had to be hospitalized for a long period of time.

My g'ma took us way back into the woods to live with her.

I was the only child not in school, so I had to spend many a lonely day all by myself.

Every Wednesday pm the plantation owner used to come by to inspect his holdings.

My g'ma used to dress me up in my Sunday best, complete with hair ribbons and frilly socks, to await his arrival.

He would drive up, see me sitting on the front porch, and call me to his big, shiny car. He was a bachelor, and I must have seemed like the child he never had.

On his first visit, he asked my name and age, the whereabouts of my parents, etc. He got a huge kick out of the fact that I could answer so intelligently. He was even more impressed when he pulled out a newspaper and I read it to him!

He went into his jacket pocket and pulled out a handful of silver dollars and gave them to me. He would do this every Wednesday until my mother came home. My g'ma gave all the money he'd given me to her ne'er-do-well son.

I realized later that she was using me for that purpose.

Sad.

Sylvia

• ninja
    ninja

oh my god sylv....he was grooming you.........keep them memories repressed.....he he

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, no, Ninja.

Nothing like that!

My g'ma capitalized on his love for children, and used me as bait to get money out of him.

Sylvia

• ninja
    ninja

just kiddin mrs...........as always.....da ninja

• Robdar
    Robdar

One of the earliest memories I have is of crying at an old lady because she scared me. I was probably close to 11 months old based on what I know of where my parents and I lived at the time. And, I can still describe in detail the apartment we lived at then.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have a memory from in the Womb (voices underwater ) too.

I also remember a brief moment the day I was born (all 11 pounds of me) Years later I recounted it to my mother and my memory resembles what she thinks happened too.

Leo - this is a classic case of a "screen memory" in a dream. There are useful tecniques to get behind them to the original events being hidden away.

Lady might be able to help. I like to use those in "The Interpretation of Dreams" and "The Psychopathology of Everyday Life." by Freud.

Don't anybody who has NOT yet read them start parrotting anti Freud stuff by others who have not read them either.

HB

• ninja
    ninja

I remember the time I through a banana skin in front of old freudy..........boy...that was a freudian slip if I ever saw one

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ninge -

I have a lovely pink chiffon freudian slip, with silver lame bows on the shoulders.

HB

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

My siblings do not believe me but I have a memory as early as three years old when my younger sister was born. I remember sitting in my uncle's car at the hospital and he was telling me that my mother was bringing home a baby sister for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit