Well I am officially on private reproof.

by JimmyPage 66 Replies latest jw friends

• crazycate
    crazycate

"I've often wanted to pull a pair of my own out of my pocket so that I could add emphasis to my own deep thoughts."

"So we will, you know, learn our lesson and not have premarital sex with each other again."

Hilarious Jimmy!

But seriously folks, this thread brings up a point that has long bothered me. I believe the correct statement is: I was privately reproved. A matter is brought up, and it is dealt with. No one is actually "on" private reproof. (Any ex-elders here who can confirm this?) So why must there be "punishment?" I don't think it's about readjusting a sinner at all. I think it's about creating fear of being publicly humiliated. And about power...the power to do that to someone.

A decent person would've said, "Mrs. Jimmy, this happened a long time ago, you are obviously sorry about it, let's just move on."

And, as someone else said, how does removing the ability to participate in the meetings help anyone? All it does is make the meetings more boring and tedious!

I'm sorry for the stupidity that you are going through, but glad it wasn't worse than it was.

Cate

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Sorry if this has already been put on -

The Scripture in the NWT they apply to this is where Paul says to reprove the sinner before "all onlookers"

They interpret this not to mean all the Congregation but only those in the congregation who are aware of the details of the situation.

Hence a Pedo can be reproved without anybody other than the elders and his victim knowing about it.

Here, the "onlookers" would be the victim and their family who know about it. In some instances even other members of the family are not told.

So unless your wife had told others at the Kingdumb Hell you committed this sin, it is not made pubic.

Although if it happened years ago why didn't they let it slide, in line with the stated statute of limitations on serious sin already printed in the Kingdumb Misery.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Space cowboy has prolly headed off of this here thraid, but ah's a gonna say it anhows...

WHAT BASIC TRUTHS DO YOU MEAN?

Look at the proclaimers book. The early chapters point out the different sects of Christendom where they got many of the doctrines still adhered to today. Russell himself made the list.

So these are not unique.

Do you mean don't lie, steal, cheat, kill, hate, cheat on your spouse? every civilization and religion in the world teaches these.

Do you mean the basic truths about the Time of the End starting in 1799, the door to hevenly life closing in 1935, the men of Sodom will, will not, will, will not be resurrected or any other number of basic truths they have taught and which are now not true AND YOU WOULD BE DF FOR CONTINUING TO TEACH THEM!!

What basic truths do you mean? Because every single teaching of the Witchtower has been found in one or other church. Except for those teachings unique to JWs which have become part of the Bible. (as the WT Magazine pointed out)

OH YES - you mean the basic truth that JWs are right and everybody else is wrong and God is going to kill them if they don't do what the WT says.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Bible book of Proverbs is an excellent source of WISE sayings:

Proverbs 16: 33 "Into the lap the lot is cast down, but every decision by it is from Jehovah."

Now we know how it all operates, let's just throw a dice.

HB

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

i thought you no longer went to meetings?.......oompa....update please

Well Oomps you're right... I stopped going... but then when I learned a decision was going to be made soon in regards to my past fornicating I attended a couple of meetings... I knew if it appeared that I was "trying to do the right thing" that I would probably receive a more favorable judgment... and thus be able to keep in touch with family and friends... believe me it was to painful to sit through those mindf*cks... but it worked out in my favor for the long run... it's all political... you gotta know how to work the system...

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

bttt for Oompa

• carla
    carla

Jimmy, you have a non related pm if you have time re:meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit