Well I am officially on private reproof.

by JimmyPage 66 Replies latest jw friends

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

It's funny cuz a buddy of mine (who hasn't been to meetings in a year) called me up recently and tell me he had heard some rumors about me. I said, "About what?" He said, "Bestiality." I just laughed and said, "Yeah I enjoy a little bestiality now and then. Who doesn't?"

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was on private reproof once. It was kind of nice. People figure it out and then just know its for fornication.

But it should be fun for everyone to try and figure out what you and your wife did to keep you both silent.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hell it's not like we comment anyway. I doubt anyone will even notice. I imagine there'll be a local needs talk but with the new meeting cramfest schedule it'll probably only be a five minute one so that they can have enough time to show everyone how to hand out memorial invitations.

Let the fading begin!

• besty
    besty
    you've been coveting your own wife

with greediness.

Or maybe just confess to using Family Worship night for additional sex, maybe suggest you have been to a sex addiction therapist...I dunno - I'd be minded to bring up a new sex related issue with as much frequency that a straight face permits...idiots.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It is so stupid that they would do this. That she felt compelled to confess because she felt so guilty indicates repentence. It's not as if she were 'caught' in sin.

What do they think repentence IS? A reason to counsel someone? And your wife has obviously stopped her wicked ways LONG AGO and made things 'right'. Seems there ought to be a statute of limitations on this kind of thing. The whole cong. is probably going to think you two got into swinging or something when you suddenly stop being active in the meetings.

Private reproof is ridiculous and has no place in the body of Christ. It certainly isn't addressed in the Bible that I have seen.

• shamus100
    shamus100

So now I am forbidden to speak from the platform, comment, or lead anyone in prayer.

AWESOME! Has it drawn you closer to Jehovah?

How are your outside assosiations going? Any plans for a quick fade? Let it begin!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So now I am forbidden to speak from the platform, comment, or lead anyone in prayer.

The more you sin the more you'll be rewarded.

W

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

What really amazes me is how these guys think that they are the ones who decide whether someone is forgiven or not. Let's see, everyone is imperfect, no one can read hearts, and no one has the power or authority to forgive sins except God. Even Jesus was accused of blasphemy by the Pharisees for claiming to be able to forgive sins. Yet they somehow feel it's all up to them.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

Are you still allowed to be a microphone handler? Perhaps, you need build yourself up spiritually before you can do that.

Don't worry. I don't think there are any restrictions when it comes to cleaning or renovating the Kingdom Hall.

Seriously though, I went through a similar situation once and it was miserable. The guilt did not subside and, like your wife, I felt that it would have been better if I was disciplined more severely. Many of my friends treated me the same, but I felt that I was no longer worthy of their friendship. It was a terrible time to be alive, but I wouldn't be here if I hadn't gone through it.

Maybe this could be a turning point...

jabberwock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit