Well I am officially on private reproof.

by JimmyPage 66 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Me and the wife both. For our you know, pre-marital bumping of the fuzzies.

All of those years of guilt she had- she's shocked that all she got was a slap on the wrist. I told her hey, if it's not enough for you go back and tell them you don't feel like you're being punished enough. She declined that.

So now I am forbidden to speak from the platform, comment, or lead anyone in prayer. Is it Christmas already?

They want to "help" us get started with a family study. I think I'll suggest studying some history out of the Proclaimers book, to uh, build our faith in the organization. ("What's this page on Beth-Sarim? I've always wondered about that.")

Now the wife's monkey is off my back and I can still talk to family and friends.

How come holy spirit didn't detect that in the past I have smoked (both regular and lefthanded), gambled, celebrated holidays, and apostasized? Perhaps I am still holding back its flow from the elders in the congregation.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Cool.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    So now I am forbidden to speak from the platform, comment, or lead anyone in prayer.

I'm so sorry they have chosen to be so cruel to you.

How come holy spirit didn't detect that in the past I have smoked (both regular and lefthanded), gambled, celebrated holidays, and apostasized? Perhaps I am still holding back its flow from the elders in the congregation.

Maybe the Holy Spirit enjoys a toke on Christmas morn himself. And a game of cards with the boys after Christmas dinner?

• dinah
    dinah

That is so riduculous I can't find words.

I got away with smoking. No one cared about that. But let Dinah get banged and her mother turn her in........

I smoked and drank from the time I was about 12......got df'd at 18. Because of sex. Oh and I was on public reproof for having sex once. Seems I didn't learn my lesson, being the Jezebel that I was.

Jimmy, I wish your wife could see how freaking ridiculous this whole situation is. She willingly told them her personal business (what is more personal than that for CHRIST's sake). I mean really! What is wrong with this situation? She is married, but chooses to tell other men what she did with her husband! I mean even if it was before the ceremony, you guys were already married in your hearts. I always felt like judicial committees were a form of emotional rape.

• loosie
    loosie

well congrats you still have you family. What are you going to do with all that free time now that you don't have to prepare talks. When I wasn't allowed to comment I stop preparing for meetings and had more time for my df'd hubby. Which gave him more time to teach me new...ummm.... things.

The holy spirit didn't notice your past sins because it is blind. LMBO

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

congrats!

• jws
    jws

I had to hold back the biggest smile when I was privately reproofed and couldn't give talks, prayers, or comment.

From the way you've told it, I kind of got the idea she thought you might be punished and she might escape free (because she's the one who brought it up and decided to confess). That maybe she thought that might punish you for your doubting ways. So I think she's more shocked YOU got off light than her.

Ha! A slap on the wrist! You beat their system!

• moshe
    moshe

Well, the elders probably felt good that Jehoobah came through in the end and they were able to snatch you back from the devil's grasp.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jimmy,

Congrats on the reproof! Let the gossip begin!

So now I am forbidden to speak from the platform, comment, or lead anyone in prayer. Is it Christmas already?

So, when they try to give back these "privileges", you should confess to things like, Matt. 5:28, "committing adultery in your heart" with... oh, just pick an elder's wife as the subject of your "desire", or maybe that you're fantasizing about doing it with your wife back before you were married. Or you could say that you've been sinfully "coveting" something... like an elder's new car, or you've been coveting your own wife. Use your imagination to find something to get the boys chasing their own tails.

B the X

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Congrats but you've should have said " See Ya "

and can I get my money back ?

The Gossip Tales are at full steam ahead now in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit