Well I am officially on private reproof.

by JimmyPage 66 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

No wonder people with an abused past become Jehovah's Witnesses. It's based on the abused victim/follower being passive and waiting the fate of the abuser/elder to render his "just" punishment for your "wrongdoings."

The whole JW reproof system just doesn't mesh with Jesus. What did Jesus say...let he who is without sin cast the first stone?

Skeeter

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Maybe that's why that's a spurious scripture according to the New World Translation.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I felt that it would have been better if I was disciplined more severely.

I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm.

I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm.

I am a lowly worm. I am a lowly worm.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I felt that it would have been better if I was disciplined more severely.

Hmmmm.....there's an angle. "I deserved to be punished, in fact I need it......in fact I enjoy it......maybe a little too much.....therefore, by punishing me, the brothers are party to fulfilling my sexual aberration"...............hmmmmmm.......

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Spank 'em and thank 'em.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So since you are so bad, if you have to say a prayer do you have to wear a handkerchief on your head?

Do you have to back out of the KH bowing?

Can you still wear your shoes inside the KH?

Do you have to sit in the back?

Can you tell them you went to a Priest and had your sins forgiven,

So how long does this "Stay of execution" last?

When your time is up will everyone in the KH embrace you and tell you how much they loved you and that the punishment hurt them more than it did you?

Just kidding with ya...

Snoozy..

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Do they let you go out in service when you are under reproof?

Or is it like it is with the child abusers who are 'repentent'? They will send you to doors to witness but not trust you around your own brothers and sistersto not mislead them? (anyone else think that bit with the sexually abusive JWs is really funky and off? They are watched carefully, not trusted alone with anyone in the hall (supposedly) but allowed to go out and publically ID themselves as JWs?)

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This is what my wife asked me. Unfortunately I think we are still allowed to go out in service. I think it should be added to the list of things we're not allowed to do. So we will, you know, learn our lesson and not have premarital sex with each other again.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The one thing they won't stop you doing while reproofed is going out in service. I mean, why would they want to interfere with that fine privilege?

Hopefully this will be a turning point for your wife;

• no, Jimmy hasn't started taking the lead, spiritually
    • no, she doesn't feel any better for confessing to the elders
    • and look, the 'friends' are treating us differently because they 'sense'* that we've been judicially reproofed

*i.e. been told by an elder's wife.

I know elders who, when deciding whether to start restoring privileges, take a deep breath, remove their spectacles, sigh and then say, "no, it's too soon for me." Bear in mind, in this particular case, the elder hadn't even gone to visit the person who's privilege we were talking about restoring. He just felt it was too soon.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I like the "remove the spectacles" part. How many elders incorporate those glasses as part of their "wise man" getup? You know, bringing them down low on the nose when they look over them to counsel you. I've often wanted to pull a pair of my own out of my pocket so that I could add emphasis to my own deep thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit