"mass exodus coming up in August 2009".

by hubert 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think Rick far over estimates how many people have listened to his audio broadcasts or even looks at his web-site.

Six screens of the Watchtower is far too spooky and harsh for the casual JW to look at it other than the first page.

Some of you folks might remember the large exodus after the 1975 scam, there was a sudden drop in membership a few years following then

and they didn't really flinch, mind you that was when all literature was bought and sold for a defined price. $

Not that I wouldn't mind the WTS collapsing , I just think some people like Rick aren't thinking realistically about the whole situation.

Plod on Rick we're still behind you with support !

• observador
    observador

I totally agree with Ak-Jeff's assessment. There a number of ways we can make a difference. I don't particularly like Rick's ways and his taste for website design, but he has the potential to make a few minds (not 2.5 million!) starting thinking. All the power to him.

There are those who create websites; there are those who scan the JW literature into PDFs; there are those who create videos and put them on YouTube; there are those who write the "Comments You Won't See in the Watchtower Study This Week", and there are those who... sit on the sidelines criticizing those who are trying to do something.

AK-Jeff is right on the spot: maybe no single strategy will bring down the WT; maybe a combination of them will. It's easy to see this when we're reminded that not even a GB member writing 2 fantastic books exposing all the WT's inner workings brought down the WT.

Observador.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Interesting thread. I also beleive that the WBTS active member numbers are incorrect. I just cannot see 6-7 million of these dumb asses running around earth wide.

I've heard stories of congos closing or being combined or absorbed by other congos. I've even heard of recruiting members of one congo to relocate to others. So, there attendance and grip must be slipping.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Given the difficulty in reaching even one or two minds using any method...if Rick does reach a couple of minds he has accomplished something. I agree better judgment should have been used in the introduction of the last conf call...as well as the one on SRA's. We need to be careful not to be careless with what we say and give the JWs legitamate reason to say that 'apostates' are liars.

But Rick also does a lot of good things. He has a website that does expose the WT teachings. He does reach out to try to help others. We do not have to endorse or agree with his particular methods...just as he does not have to do that for anyone else's particular method. Is there really a right or wrong method, so long as it is honest and done in the right spirit?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I do agree that if more people understood how damaging this cult is that they would protest their existence. This too may be a way of getting members attention.

• the research lady
    the research lady

The conference call is an amazing venue. It's a novel approach and it's working. It's attracting people from all over the world. Many coming in to the call are active Jehovah's Witnesses and are listening intensly. It's surprising that the Witnesses are willing to engage in dialogue and agreeing with what we as former Witnesses are saying. The conference call has become the crosssroads of Jehovah's Witness news. Its timely up to date format is helping so many people who have been "touched by the tentacles of the Watchtower". Many have said that www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com is too intense or spooky. However it is not frightening people away. It is attracting many young people, as it was designed to do. Page reads have been esculating. And its so called "dark side" is working. To check out the conference call, hit the following link. http://sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/conferencecall.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit