"mass exodus coming up in August 2009".

by hubert 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

As much as we all would like this exodus thing to be true, I just don't see it happening.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I question the ethics of religious recruitment of vulnerable victims......like selling meth to a crack addict to "cure" them.

Great analogy.... couldn't agree more.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Can somepone give me the thread for this? I can not seem to find it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/173302/1/Blood-lawsuit-goes-forward-against-the-Org-Conference-call-Sat-March-28

Strategy for Mass Exodus

Ten actions that can be taken to slow down and perhaps put one of the most
    destructive organizations in the world known as The Watchtower Bible and
    Tract Society on the brink of a business collapse. The actions listed below
    are being coordinated by many participants to all happen at one specific
    time. The target date is set for the last week of August,2009. Seven days of
    Jehovah's Witnesses mayhem from Sunday, August 23 through Saturday,
    August 29,2009. The month of August ends the Jehovah's Witness service
    year and how surprising the last month of the year will be. Granted some of
    these actions could come with repercussions. Others will cause no harm at
    all as they may not know who is involved.

Action 1--Tell the elders in your congregation you want to talk with all of
    them in the elders room "the whole body of elders".Let them all know that
    you have found out what the Watchtower organization is hiding behind.
    Idolatrous roots, involvement with the occult, an N.G.O. association with
    the United Nations. Tell the elders you are fed up with the Jehovah's
    Witnesses ever-changing doctrines,specifically the "Generation". Tell them
    you are concerned about how former Witnesses are treated with hatred, and
    are to be considered as dead. Let them know that you are aware of how they
    are covering up child molesters. And by all means let them know you are
    discontent with the money making schemes under the name of the
    "Worldwide Work". Ask for a judicial committee hearing where you can
    discuss this in more length. If you are dissfellowshipped, ask for an appeal,
    as this will expose more elders to the corruption in the Watchtower org.

Action 2--Write a letter of dissassociation giving your reasons why you no
    longer want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Give copies of your letter to
    all Witnesses in the Kingdom Hall, including the elders.

Action 3--Simply and kindly ask the elders if you could meet with them,
    letting them know you are a little concerned with some of the things you are
    finding out about in the Organization. You just want their take and their
    feelings on what you have been hearing. Be careful not to indict yourself.
    Let them know you are not "complaning--just explaining". In other words,
    come in "under their radar screen". This action, for the most part, will not
    cause too much trouble as the elders will simply tell you to "put it on the
    shelf".

Action 4--Do not go to any meetings, assemblies, or conventions the last
    week in August.

Action 5--If you are a servant, step down. If you are a pioneer, do not turn
    any time in for August, 2009.

Action 6--Stop any financial support.During the last week in August do not
    put any money in any contribution box, and by all means, do not contribute
    for your publications.

Action 7--You can start this action immediately, as you are out in service
    ask the householders if they want the Jehovah's Witnesses to keep coming to
    their house? Many householders will tell you they don't want the Witnesses
    coming. Be glad to take their address down and during the last week of
    August, turn this information over to the Coordinating Overseer.

Action 8--Do not go in service the last week in August.

Action 9--Peacefully demonstrate in front of your Kingdom Hall, with
    signs, the last week in August.

Action 10--Write anonomous letters to as many fellow Witnesses you know
    and let them know that you now no "What The Watchtower is Hiding
    Behind.
  • sacolton
    sacolton

Wrongful death lawsuits can payout hundreds of millions of dollars. This could really weaken the Watchtower Corp. to where they might not fully recover.

• undercover
    undercover
    Strategy for Mass Exodus
    Ten actions that can be taken...

That's the plan to force the "mass exodus"??

Yea, well...good luck with that...

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Hey, I posted it for information only.

Reminds me of being in the sixth grade, and some prankster passes around a note:

Evarybuddy cawf at 2:00!

Not my style.

~Sue

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

There is no way that will work and for one very simple reason. Those who even know about this are already "weak in the truth" and definitely in the minority. Most JW's don't even know about this plan. How could they even consider doing it so as to initiate a mass exodus? Not that most JW's would even consider such a thing. They are subjects of cult mind control. Why would they go against their religion?

Isaac

• Scully
    Scully

Well that doesn't sound like a "mass exodus" to me.

It sounds like a protest. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for peaceful protest, and in fact I've previously stated that the only things that will get Brooklyn's attention are things like boycotting field service and meeting attendance, as well as refusing to contribute financially.

The trouble with many JWs is that they are truly afraid of the consequences of participating in these types of actions, even if they do it secretly. What a great way to get Marked™ and targeted for social abuse by their so-called friends. What a great way to stand out as a black sheep in a fold of dull gray ones. These are people who, for the most part, have no social life outside the JWs, carefully manipulated into that situation by the Organization itself.

What I'd really love to see is people putting in massively FAKE Field Service Reports™. Go away on holidays in August, and then submit a Field Service Report™ claiming 25 hours in the ministry, 100 magazines and 3 books placed and a new Bible Study™ started. We all know the statistics are horribly flawed. The WTS realizes that the statistics are horribly flawed - why do you suppose they quit publicizing their numbers?? Now that JWs know that the numbers are not going to be published, there is no incentive for doing actual Field Service™, so why not submit fake reports?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I follow a different tack: Inoculation. That's my peaceful protest.

I speak to any and all I meet about the detrimental effects to families, the child abuse coverups, deadly blood transfusion policies, etc.

If they're religious, I tell them about the ever-changing doctrines. Typical response: But GOD doesn't change. There ya' go!

Some are actually fascinated by it all, they could never ask a Witness at the door the same questions they can ask me. I let them take the lead in asking questions. I go out of my way not to come off all ranty and ugly about it, just matter-of-fact educational as an adult survivor with family still in.

I explain how their address can be put on a "do not call" list. I ask them to remain polite and respectful to JWs because followers must chart their preaching and literature distribution metrics to remain in good standing, and many in fact dread that work. Especially when speaking with parents and teachers, I encourage them to teach their children to be kind to the weird anti-social JW students at school because their families are gripped in a very strong mind-control cult.

People "get" this — few can relate to it — but they get that some of us "apostates" left of our own conscience, for moral reasons. We did our research, we could no longer support the corrupt organization, we escaped, but we still have to tow the line with spouses and parents and such.

I also make it really, really clear that I bear no ill will toward the Witnesses as people or individuals. I do indeed despise the Watchtower propaganda entity that enslaves and deceives in the guise of a modern Christian missionary movement.

So far, so good. I'd like to think my casual inoculation is like the old Fabergé shampoo commercial: "It's an imitator!... they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgDxWNV4wWY

~Sue

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

i love it betterdaze..hahaha.

Sad to say, but ANY exodus, mass or not will only boil down to one thing, and one thing only. It will STRENGTHEN the resolve of people who stay in, and leave them with, " the people who left, were never truly jehovahs witnesses". In fact, I believe, truly, that the ones still in would just point to this being something that indicates "that we are truly near the end". It's one big circle. I laugh at the irony of it all. Now.

lurk3r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit