"mass exodus coming up in August 2009".

by hubert 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As for Six Screens, they are another independent Christian mission attached to its primary mission: to expose and ruin the Washtowel Slaveholdery. It is intended to give those who still want to be Christians, but are not finding it within the Washtowel. an opportunity to study the Bible with an independent group. But, the site is also a value to those who have effectively become atheists, if only to expose the fallacies between the Washtowel (which claims to abide by the Bible) and the Bible itself.

The mass exodus had better happen. I will be p***ed again if I hear that they still have more than 7 million active witlesses come September 1, 2009. They had better knock that number down to something more like 1 to 1.5 million (or less, preferably).

• carla
    carla

I must have missed where she said she was attempting to get people to join another org or religion. That makes me a bit nervous for the new ex jw's or soon to be ex's just because I feel they are in such a vulnerable position if they have just lost their faith or found out the wt is nothing but false. I have no problem with folks wishing to discuss their beliefs in a respectful way as long as they do not take advantage of the situation and both parties are agreeable. Both parties must have freedom of thought and without coercion techniques or threats for non belief. The problem for me lies with the years of brainwashing by the wt that you need someone to 'teach' you when if they are searching, in my opinion, they need only pick up a bible and read it and leave the opinions & dogma of men out of it for awhile and see where it takes them. I think it would be easy to trade one master for another after being in a cult especially if the ex jw had much anger over the wt (loss of family, etc..) and the new org/church also had a very strong ministry against jw's. Not all or maybe even most ex jw's are willing to trade one cult for another but I believe there are some who lack real research abilities and still have leftover misplaced respect for religious 'authority' and worry for those ones.

I still don't see what is happening by Aug to have a mass exodus though, anybody else know the facts?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

"I must have missed where she said she was attempting to get people to join another org or religion."

Can someone please post where this was done or direct me to the thread?

• hubert
    hubert

Mouthy, I re-read the thread called "Blood lawsuit goes forward....." and have to say, you are right, "The Research Lady" is NOT Richard Rawes wife.

I read it wrong. I even had to go back and re-read it again.

I apologize, Mouthy, I don't like it when I make a false statement, and I'm glad you caught it.

Now I'll go to my room, and never come out again.

Hubert

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

In my mind, Six Screens and their silly conference calls has no more legitimacy than any number of other post-JW sectarian groups trying to capitalize on disaffected members. Let's not forget the fiasco when Six Screens interviewed a woman who made wild claims of being the victim of satanic devil worship at Bethel headquarters. When a few individuals exercised just a little bit of scrutiny on the matter, nothing in her story held up. (Besides the fact that, judging as a former Bethelite myself, such an accusation is just about the most ridiculous thing a prson could come up with if only for the fact that Bethelites do not have the imagination and creativity for such kind of cultish practice.)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yes, I had forgotten that. Such things serve to weaken the credibility of those who have left the org for conscientious reasons. And if an active JW happens to hear, for instance, about SRA's going on at bethel, it owuld only serve to reinforce everyhting the WT says about 'apostates'.

• rebel8
    rebel8

isa, see thread called "Blood lawsuit goes forward..."

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Isn't this all in regards to that guys canadian lawsuit over his daughter? Bill something or other? It's very sad but he's already lost this case again and again he just can't move on. I understand and sympathize but at some point you have to just shake your head and walk away.

He's not going to 'shake up' the witnesses. He's not going to win. The blood lawsuit is NOT going FORWARD...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If nothing has happened by August maybe six screens will say "we never foretold it would happen by August, there could be a variance of months because....." blah blah blah. This scenario feels familiar. I'm wary of anyone who sets a date.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Blood lawsuit goes forward...

Can somepone give me the thread for this? I can not seem to find it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit