Stupid Memorial

by PanzerZauberei 39 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My last was in '05. Haven't missed it a bit. Nothing better exemplified the strangeness of JW beliefs to the outside world than inviting interested ones to the memorial, and then telling them they shouldn't partake of the new covenant. I always wondered what those people thought who were suckered into going.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The Galls had a ceremony of drinking the blood of their victims from their skull after beheading them.

It was a sarcastic ritual.

I think this memorial "celebration" could be traced back to those practices.

I believe the "last supper" was a fictious story written by those who murdered Jesus and was written for the intent of appeasing the followers.

It is a sinister ritual and especially when some churches teach the wine actually turns to blood as you drink it and the crackers actually magically turn into human flesh when it touches your lips.

I think to participate in Memorial, whether you drink from the cup or not, is to acknowledge your allegience to the Gallish secret societies that killed Jesus. They are still around today. They are operating forces behind all religions.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    The Galls had a ceremony of drinking the blood of their victims from their skull after beheading them.
    It was a sarcastic ritual.

Rubbing it in, eh?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wife wants to go this year. She missed last year. I won't be there. I think this is #3 I've passed on

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I have never been a dub.

I went to one of these a couple of years ago, thinking my JW neighbours/friends could get some brownie points from my attendance. I think I spoiled that by having a cigarette outside (before and after) and because I learned a couple of Hebrew words ('have a good passover - 'tov' something) which I said to the people either side of me when they passed the goodies round.

All brownie points were cancelled the following week when a young Filipina lady moved in with me. All I can say is that I'm glad that she is a roman catholic 'cos she seems to have violated all the points on the dubs' d/f list. Luckily, of course, not being dubs we never had to go before a JC to outline our 'sins'. But she liked talking about stuff in great detail and would probably have enjoyed the discussion. There would not have been a dry seat in the house.

• ninja
    ninja

I will never go near the brainwashing centre again....even the air inside is conditioned

• rolling rock
    rolling rock
    I think that anyone who goes to the memorial once a year in order to keep peace with their loved ones is being smart. ("Wise ones will pick their battles.")
  • blondie
    blondie

The Bible Students are observing on 4/7/09

2009 Memorial Supper Date
    The proper time for the annual observance of the Memorial Supper will be after 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 7, 2009.

• observador
    observador
    The one thing I suggest to anyone who "has" to go. Don't pout about it. Resolve to show everyone just how good you'e doing and how much better life is now that you're free from the cult. For me, I truly am happier out and I let it show when I go.

This is an important aspect of the non-confrontational approach to help JWs relatives and friends. By doing this, you send a powerful message without saying a word.

There is no telling of how confused the Witnesses get when they see an ex-member with a happy outlook. After all, they are thaught that the world out there is bad, bad, really bad. How can someone be happy out of "Jehovah's organization"?

Observador.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Start now, eat beans 3 meals a day every day from now until memorial time. Also lots and lots of milk, carbs and fiber are also key... Next year you WON'T get an invite! lol

Or if you want to be more 'serious' about it say 'jesus said that eating and drinking was showing that we accepted his sacrifice I will NOT reject his sacrifice... I will go but DON'T be upset when I partake!' My wife told her parents that and they dropped the subject like a hot rock!

I would use that argument even though I'm a hardcore balls to the wall non believer! It really makes them take a BIG step back! That is the only argument I've ever pulled out that witnesses will simply walk away from, won't even try to change the subject will just turn around and walk away! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit