Stupid Memorial

by PanzerZauberei 39 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

IF I had to go to keep peace, it is exactly what I would do. I would go in my nice suit, smile nicely, accept the hugs from the "friends", sit and listen to the boring ass talk that I know I gave better.... try not to laugh...and then go out to eat afterwards

I thought about going this year with a 3 day beard growth, jeans and tshirt, an invite in my hand... just show up a few hours from anywhere I might know anyone... just to see what happens..

Then I remembered...Survivor is on Thursday nights.. I can enjoy chips and wine in the comfort of my own home and watch congregation politics Survivor play out.

Snakes ()

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I went last year to keep the peace. It actually was not my wife that was the problem.
    Anyway, that was my last. I feel that going to this one meeting only still allows the family
    members to think "it's the truth and he knows it, that's why he comes." So I won't go.

• yknot
    yknot

I will be present at the WTS annual keep Christ from the R&F event....

I am sure another downsized Bethelite who chose the 'special pioneering' exit option will be our speaker.

Our KH for the second year will be having it again at the KH verus rented hall.

Anyone else's KH not going 'big' for the memorial?

• yknot
    yknot

Thanks to this site I too no longer reject the body of Christ even though it is a private ceremony in my kitchen...

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Unfortunately, I will be there. Outside of my wife, nobody knows about my feelings towards the WTS. If my family or my wife's family heard that I didn't attend, it would get ugly very quickly. So I will go this year, hopefully this time next year I won't have to...

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have been debating whether to go in or not. If not I can sit out in the car eating a cheeseburger until it's time to go home. If I go in I guess I could take in some guacamole and dip the matzos

Since JWs usually head for the bathroom when the national anthem is sung....couldn't you discreetly use that same practice at Memorial.

Suppose you told your friend when you pick them up that you are experiencing a "bug"?

If you leave your seat before the pass around and do not return until that part of service is over, then perhaps it looks like you have an unavoidable excuse.

Blame nature and they can't blame you as being an apostate or jerk.

Do you think that would work?

• still_in74
    still_in74

every year.....

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Our last one was 2006 . We had already missed three months worth of meetings and attending was very uncomfortable .

The year before that we were in Las Vegas for a wedding ,and we attended the memorial while out there . When we got back home several Elders grilled us on whether we had attended at all ,and a few acted like we were lying .

My Brother and sister both go to different halls more than 30 miles away however last year ,and apparently this year they plan on driving out to the hall in my town for the memorial .

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I think that anyone who goes to the memorial once a year in order to keep peace with their loved ones is being smart. ("Wise ones will pick their battles.")

• PEC
    PEC

1979 was my last Memorial, 30 years of mental freedom.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit