Stupid Memorial

by PanzerZauberei 39 Replies latest jw friends

• PanzerZauberei
    PanzerZauberei

Well, I am gonna have to go again because my wife wants to go this year. She missed last year because she was sick and was so depressed about it for a month after because of the guilt her stupid family laid upon my poor darling. Last night she was visiting her dad (the only one who didn't guilt her) and he asked if she was going to go this year. He also told her that he wants us to take him again because his wife always carts around a busload of sisters to the meetings and will not give that up even though he her priority and is too sick to drive all over creation picking up and dropping off a bunch of sisters. Now I have to do it. I don't mind driving him there, but now that Lisa wants to go I am gonna have to get down and go in.

I have been debating whether to go in or not. If not I can sit out in the car eating a cheeseburger until it's time to go home. If I go in I guess I could take in some guacamole and dip the matzos....LOL But since I don't want WWIII to start and possibly have her leave me for it, I guess feigning illness is my ticket.

Anyone else in the same boat this year?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Unlucky :(

I haven't been to the memorial since 2006, and i don't even intend to go again. I always thought it was stupid, passing wine & bread around & not being allowed to drink or eat it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Thankfully, I stopped rejecting the body and blood of Christ last year.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Panzer,

I always had guilt about going until my husband called it the "JW Census."

I have never felt bad since.

r.

• wobble
    wobble

For the first time in 59 years me and Wifey aint goin!

The family, all in and well culty,will ask ,and rather than upset my 89 year old Mum,we are going to say"We will attend,but not in ..........."

Of course we will not go to a Memorial (reject Jesus Party)at a Kingdumb Hell,but we will partake of something somewhere,crisps and a beer in a nice Pub? Could well be.

Love

Wobble

• viva
    viva

For the first time in my 26 years I am not going. Sorry you are in a position where you have to go.

• undercover
    undercover

I go to the Memorial...

It's not my favorite thing but I've learned to deal with it. I am completely inactive, haven't been to a meeting, a convention or in service in years. But my JW family always makes it a point to invite me to the Memorial, so out kindness to them, I go.

The first couple of times going after escaping the clutches of the WTS, it filled me with anxiety, but now I don't really care.

I go, I might listen, I might not. Usually, I zone out and daydream. It's only an hour and since the hall has to be used by 3 congregations, they rush you in and rush you out, so there's not a lot of hanging around before or after.

I use it as an oppurtunity to see some old "friends" that I don't see anymore. I usually end up going to eat or for drinks afterwards with a few people and it ends up being an okay night out.

The one thing I suggest to anyone who "has" to go. Don't pout about it. Resolve to show everyone just how good you'e doing and how much better life is now that you're free from the cult. For me, I truly am happier out and I let it show when I go.

• villabolo
    villabolo

By the way, when is the memorial this year?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

April 9th i think

• villabolo
    villabolo

Thanks Parrot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit