Do You Like American Idol?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It is one of my guilty pleasures. I love music and I think this year's contestants are quite good.

Some have said the show is fixed. But I love the singing competition.

What about choo?

• Nowman
    Nowman

Its the only show I watch religiuously, I actually am apart of the AI cult!!!

I can't believe Alexis is gone! I thought she was better than the oil rig dude, even though I think he's a "nice" guy...but Alexis had some pipes!

I love Adam Lambert, I think he is just adoreable, my husband hates him!

Megan Joy ("Quirky girl") is absolutely beautiful and I think she is different.

I almost always agree with Simon except this week about his Adam comments, I am with Randy, he is the bomb!

Nikki

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Some have said the show is fixed.

I think it is to a certain extent. I definitely think the voting process is flawed. I also don't see how some of the really bad auditions, or the "worst of the worst" as they call them, make it past the initial screening process.

• Hittman
    Hittman

I only watch it during the preliminary rounds. I love the train wrecks.

My favorite this season was a black woman who made a big deal about how much she learned about singing by studying human anatomy – on the internet. After her horrible audition she said "I'm sorry, I was singing through the wrong rectum."

Once they get to Hollywood I find it dull, and instead switch to Destroyed in Seconds.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I found out

Kris Allen is from Conway, Arkansas, about 30 miles from where I am

I started watching this season.

What did Carrie Underwood have on last night???

Who do you think is going to win?

Don't forget, next week, it will be on Wed and Thurs!!!

• cawshun
    cawshun

I can see Adam Lambert winning. I wish Alexis could have stayed longer. I think Allysion will go to the final 4.

I also loved how Adam changed up " The Ring of Fire. I could not believe all the different ranges he reached. He is a true entertainer.

I thought Carrie Underwood did a beautiful job singing with Randy Travis.

Purps, Carrie had on a very pretty red dress, spiked heels, and a black head piece with a black flower. She looked stunning.

Michael Sarver lives close to my neck of the woods, about 48 to 50 miles away.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Adam may win but his rendition of Johnny Cash's song was atrocious.

• Priest73
    Priest73

No.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It is really amusing altho I do not agree with farming out music stars. They should earn it like anyone else. Really, the only reason I watch it is because the ol' lady is watching it. I can't stand reality shows.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I do not watch the show, but I have purchased a few albums released by past participants and winners.

(My prediction for the AI artist that will make the most $$$ from music over a lifetime, is Carrie Underwood.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit