CURSE GOD AND DIE...

by Mary 51 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Very sorry to hear your problems, Mary. Very sorry.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

MARY! We are very sad for you. It's happening all around us.

Let me tell you a little story: Both my wife and I are in our sixties and retired and still have to keep working to make ends meet.

Thanks to the Watchtower Society and their never ending "Carrot".

She works part time and I work fulltime. So far we both have our jobs to keep us going.

We have maybe 15 years left of life yet ( that will take us into our eighties ) to live. Like many other old-timers who gave about 30 to 40 years of their life to a promise with a catch we are left with no pension, little savings and when we lose the jobs we now have, no return to the work force as we will be considered to old to hire.

We are barely hanging on and not in the best of health. I tell you this not to make comparisons, just to share our anxieties with you.

We feel for you and do hope things will turn around for the better for you.

We have always been helped by your many topics and post responses over the years. We hope you will continue to post and share with us your goings on and thoughts. As to the lost of the love of your life,may you find love again.

Blueblades

• mouthy
    mouthy

My Darling Mary.... After your very sad call to me. I have to say...My prayers are with you
    you said As for the losing the love of my life, well, it's just that: I lost him.
    But Darling he was never really yours,a cult held him captive.As for the job,so many are losing
    their jobs in this area( where you live) but hang in there...

I know I have said this before.I lived through world war 2.

lost my baby because of a bomb dropping( 3 days old)( Faith Virginia)
    Lost Melanie( daughter ) in death 43 yrs old
    Lost Alan( son ) in death,
    Lost Frank( hubby) in death BEFORE they kicked me out(WT)
    I have lost some family to the WT ( shunning)
    But DONT curse God. Ask him for HIS guidence,tell him you need his LOVE!!!

I KNOW HE will help. Trust in the LORD with ALL your heart.Do not lean on your own
    understanding. You will realize in the end WHY this is happpening to you.

I am only telling you all MY woes because ...even though our hearts Break
    when our love one goes,You will KNOW the reason why when the heart heals ((((((HUGS))))XXXXX

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi Mary! You had mentioned the possibility of Antidepressants. From personal experience, I can tell you that they can work wonders! I have been on Lexapro for about 3 years now, and I am a totally different person-(In a good way). I used to be so depressed all of the time, and I kept on putting the antidepressants off, and not taking them. Then it got to a point that I started taking them as scheduled, and within a couple of weeks, my friends could notice a difference in me. I didn't see it myself at first, but others could. Now my feelings are on an even keel. I still feel depressed at times, but it no longer feels as though the world is crashing down around me.

There are those who are vocal against taking them, but those people don't understand what antidepressants can do, and how they can provide that extra ooomph to get one in gear to be able to handle things better. Taken while seeing a therapist is even better, as it allows one to be able to talk out their issues. I can honestly say that I would not be here today if it were not for taking them.

The SSRI's today are generally safe, and have a lot fewer side effects than the earlier types. You may take one that doesn't work as well, and the Dr. will try you on a different one, but when you do find the right one, you will be amazed! Any concerns and questions can be answered by your Dr.

You can even take them short term for several months until your life starts getting back on track, and then your Dr. can wean you off of them.

As I mentioned before, your Dr. can tell you more about it.

I am so sorry you are going through these things. Just like a physical injury, it hurts like heck, but gradually the pain will get better. People take medications for physical ailments, why not for an injured soul? There is nothing wrong with taking something for it!

I hope that you do something for yourself soon. Even a nice warm bath with candles, or going to the Humane Society, or a wildlife refuge to see the animals can work wonders. Pick something that is relaxing for you.

I have a candle lit right now. The scent is sugar cookie, and it is very relaxing to see the flame, and smell the wonderful fragrance. As soon as I finish this post, I am going to concentrate on sending you warm thoughts, and hopes that you start healing soon.

Take Care!

CJ

• Chalam
    Chalam

Great words of encouragement mouthy-amen and amen!

Love in Christ,

Stephen xx

• blondie
    blondie

Gee, Mary! What can I say? I have a few things in my life but so far okay. It has been worse.

((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

Blondie

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Oh, Mary...

Hang in there, kid.

Prayers and well-wishes for you and you brother-in-law, always.

• loosie
    loosie

It is tough out there, when you have 100 people applying for the same position. I have been out of work since Oct 08. I applied for an entry level job that I vey qualifed for Since I had done a similar job for 5 years. Well I didn't get it. I thought maybe it was because I am a little overweight or maybe they wanted someone who looked perfect for the cust service job. Well the person they did hire is 3 times more overweight than I am. So maybe I have a font in bold that shouldn't be on my resume. So back to revising the resume.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Just checking in with you Mary. How was the day today? Any progress or at least no more bad news?

Let us know how you are doing, k?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Mary, are you feeling better today? Hope so. Sending you good thoughts and positive vibes ox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit