purplesofa

Sorry this is all hitting you at once.

Just because your strong and smart does not make it hurt any less, but

will help you to get through it.

Thinking of you,

purps

• villabolo
    villabolo

From personal experience I would urge you to take those anti-depressants. It's not a sign of weakness.

Villabolo

• belbab
    belbab

Mary,

From reading your account it seems to me someone is on a power trip, and it is not you. Someone delights in putting one down for trivial, meaningless reasons to enhance their own position of authority.

Turn the situation around. If you were interviewing someone, would you "nit pick" punctuation marks and verb tenses to show they are not qualified? Would you not show some compassion during these tough times towards those who missed out for the job. The fact that the interviewer only could find a couple of very minor points to disqualify you shows that you did well in the interview. If there were more serious faults with your qualification they would surely have been mentioned.

How do I read what you call serious "faux pas"? You say you are leaving your job at the end of the month. You give two qualifications in the past tense, nothing wrong, they are previous qualifications. You give one in the present tense, because you are presently employed until the end of the month. You unconsiously put semi-colon at end of a list of qualifications, would indicate to me that you realize you have other qualifications but they have slipped your mind for the moment.

Losing a job, losing a loved one is a kind of dying. Depression is a dying, a sinking down. If there is a sinking, realize there is a promise rising also.

It has been a tough winter this year where I am at. Last few days we have we have had wind, rain, sleet and snow. The robins are back, they are toughing it out, puffing out their feathers to keep warm.

They are surviving, so will you.

My thoughts are with,

belbab

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Mary, my dear ~

First of all I am so surprised that anyone on this planet does not adore you as we do! Fools!

What I know about HR - they seek to eliminate. Period. 'Nuff said.

Knowing you, you will pick yourself up after a few hours or days and channel your anger to start the next chapter in your life. I lost a job that I loved a few years ago. I went out as a freelancer and made more money, enjoyed more flexibility and never looked back. 'When a door closes a window opens' is not just a dumb-ass phrase - very often it comes true.

Anti-depressants: . You are better than that.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I thought this thread was going to be a commentary on the Book of Job. After reading it, I wish it would have been.

Sometimes life just picks us up, and slams us to the ground..............sometimes over and over, but we need to keep getting up, even if it takes a while.

Just keep plugging along as best as you can, doll.

Things could be better, but they could also be worse.

Warlock

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Rough times! Yes they suck, however are a reality and Mary you got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and put your best foot forward.

When large corporate companies recieve a ton of CVs they can be anal about the littlist of things, rediculously so.

Perhaps you could look at contracting yourself out as a proof reader / sub, but not office bound, then you are not tied down to only accepting one job, you could work for various companies.

I do hope that you can find something suitable if not in the proofing/subbing world, then perhaps a place less obvious.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

My thoughts are with you Mary…I hope your situation gets better soon…

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I'll curse that Almighty Lowlife Piece of S*** Scumbag of a Tyrant. It will be posted for posterity. And if I do not die, I will do it again tomorrow, the next day,...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wow Mary. What a crappy deck of cards you've been dealt.

Hope one of the Aces appears soon.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Mary, I let the WTS have over thirty years of my life. I didn't get an education, even though I wanted one.

I am in a low-paying job, but realize it is better than no job at all. I have to be very frugal. I will tough it out, though, because I never give up.

You be determined to never give up, never give in......YOU CAN DOOOOO EEEEEET!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit