CURSE GOD AND DIE...

by Mary 51 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sorry to hear that Mary. I am very sorry. They are dropping like flies all around me. My formerly very successful (businesswise) father can't find work anywhere right now, he has 30 years of experience in his field, but it is a field that has been hit hard. He has eaten up his life savings. Plus, the area is in the top 3 for unemployment in the US, mine is #3, his is #2. #1 is only 25 miles north of here. He is going to have to put his house up for sale. I hope he can sell it. I am going to invite them to move in to tide them over these rough times.

BTS

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Keep trying Mary, have a well written resume prepared on hand, if you don't already.

Perhaps you might be able to find something else within the TD bank system.

Good luck and keep your chin up with a positive attitude.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

View it as a blessing from Jehovah and submit an application to auxiliary pioneer!

You could always apply for a job at ADP. They have a ton of JWs working there, and you could make their lives a living hell.

Seriously though, you've got an excellent mind and should find something before too long.

W

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mary:

Ever feel like you just wanna give up?

Yes, frequently. But I inherited pollyannaism from Dad and keep struggling along , as we all of us are certain you will. You just got hit with the "bunches," as Flipper said. Our worth is not based on our business acumen (personally, I have none). You're a great and talented lady - surely something will come your way to lighten the emotional (loss of your love and the health issue you mentioned) and financial burdens thrust upon you.

We're all survivors. You were smart to unload here.

";;;" and a "." for you, from a former Bethel proofreader.

Love,

CoCo

• Dagney
    Dagney

((((Mary))))

Boy, both barrels you've been hit with, dear one.

Yep, thought about giving up many times, some quite recent. You are not alone. I'm glad you came here to share your frustration. Just let it flow. We are here to catch you.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

So sorry you are going through this Mary. Eventually, this too shall pass.... Sometimes one door will close as another opens... You deserve the best.

Coffee

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sorry Mary, be strong you will prevail..

Somehow things like this are meant to be and maybe there will be a silver lining to after all.

Think positive.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Mary, curse God all you want. He can take it and he will NOT hold it against you. But after you are finished with the cursing, send him a sincere, heartfelt plea to help you. I believe that he will.

It has been my experience that when one door closes, another opens. It not only opens but it is a better opportunity. May you experience the same.

I am concerned about your loss of the love of your life. Did I miss a thread? Do you need to discuss it? I am very good at listening and will send you my telephone number if you need to talk.

Much love to you.

Robyn

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Geez Mary, you're really going through the ringer. I'm so sorry for what's happening. I wish I had something helpful to say, others seem to be able to do that better than me.

All my hopes and all my prayers.

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Sending good thoughts your way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit