CURSE GOD AND DIE...

by Mary 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Ever feel like you just wanna give up? I'm losing my job at the end of this month. Because of the financial situation in the world, there's a hiring freeze on both internally and externally and hardly any positions are coming up. I applied for one that I was absolutely qualified for and went over to Human Resources for the interview. After they do their interviewing, they select a few candidates to go over for a second interview with the department. I wasn't shortlisted for the second interview. You wanna know why? Because under my "Summary of Qualifications" I have semi-colons after each point, but I did not put a period at the end of the last point. And in addition to that horrific faux pas, when I was listing what I did at the TD Bank head office I made the unforgivable mistake of using 3 descriptive words in the past tense, and one using present tense. Since the job requires writing and proofing, I guess that was enough to completely disqualify me and none of my other skills matter one bit.

I was absolutely stunned and I said to HR: "Are you serious?" Yes, she was. They got a ton of applicants for that position, so they can be as nit picky as they want. And since there is no union here, I have absolutely no recourse. But I guess I can be consoled by the fact that there were several other applicants who made the same horrible mistakes on their resume as I did, so I'm not alone. Yes, that's very comforting.

And in addition to that, there was another job I didn't get, even though it's right across the hall from me. Since it's advertised as a year contract, the boss is under no obligation to hire someone internal----he can hire whoever they want. His wife (who doesn't even work here) works with immigrants and their English language skills, and sent over a girl from India or Pakistan who has a Masters Degree in Business but who can't get a job in Canada. Since the boss is soooo damn worried about appearing to be "politically correct" by hiring a visible minority, he's giving her the year contract, even though she has absolutely no experience for this particular job. And there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

In addition to all this stress, we found out last week that my brother in law's disease could very easily turn into leukemia within the next year or two. And to top it all off, I lost the love of my life today.

If ever there was a time where I just feel like cursing God and then dying, this is it.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Sorry to hear that. From your appearance here you seem to be a rather intelligent person so I trust you will have another job, soon. But the times are tough at the moment.

• flipper
    flipper

MARY- I'm so sorry you are going through all these stresses at once. Things tend to come in bunches, don't they ? Someone told me one time the bad things come in three at a time. Don't know about that. I've had problems come in big bunches 6 or 7 at a time - then sail along O.K. for a week or two. Are there other companies you can seek employment for in your area in your similar occupation ? If you are working for a federal company i.e. Bank or state employment, perhaps private companies and enterprises might work a bit better at present . I know here in California I'm having a hell of a time getting the State of California to pay me on time as a contractor for the jobs I perform for them.

As regards your Brother in law, I'm sure that is devastating news to you and your family. I do hope he can get some kind of medical treatment to slow down or eliminate the disease .

And as to losing the love of your life - was this your romantic partner ? I'm so sorry that happened. Been there had that done to me in the past. I hope you can heal from your loss. Life and loves though do have a way of coming back to us - if it's not the person we were with , we may in time find someone who will love us more deeply and see us for who we are inside. In time after experiencing pain and hurt I found such a person . You will live to love again my friend , and someone will see the good person you are deep down. Hang in there , keep on trying, don't give up ! Things will work out for you. Take care of yourself

• undercover
    undercover

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Mary. I can't say anything to make it better...

Hope things get better over time.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Resumes need to be perfect. If you would like some help proofing, let me know.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am sorry you are going through a rough time. Please don't give up. Rely on those on the board to lift your spirits as you have done for so many people here. I'm not much for words, but please know that I offer you a HUG, and a wish for you that things will look up very soon. I hope that you know that you are appreciated by many, including myself, and I have always enjoyed many of your posts. One thing I have noticed about you, is that you are a very strong Lady by what you have posted before, so I know you can get through this difficult time.

I wish you peace, healing, Love, and all that is good!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hope it soon gets better for you Mary

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Mary,

Better than cursing, have you tried asking Him to help you find a new job?

All the best,

Stephen

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I am sorry you are going through a rough time.

I don’t know you, but for your posts I can see that you are a very intelligent and resourceful person.

You’ll see that you will find a new and better job in no time.

Take care,

Ismael

PS: Don’t waste your time with the “CURSE GOD AND DIE...” thing, I tried it a couple of times and it didn’t work. I think is better if you concentrate and focus your energy on the task ahead.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dearheart Mary... there are no words from me that would help you right now.

But I will tell you this... if I were closer... I would SO find you and take you out for a relaxing cup of tea (or something stronger!!!)

Love and STRENGTH to you, my Wonderful Woman...
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit