I want to leave but don't know how

by God_Delusion 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome to the club.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fifty Ways to Leave Jeehober - (with apologies to Paul Simon)

"The problem is all inside your head", she said to me
    The answer is easy if you take it logically
    I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free
    There must be fifty ways to leave Jeehober

She said it's really not my habit to intrude
    Furthermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued
    But I'll repeat myself, at the risk of being crude
    Fifty ways to leave Jeehober

You just slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    You don't need to be coy, Roy
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    You don't need to discuss much
    Just drop off the key, Lee
    And get yourself free

Ooo slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    Just listen to me
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    And get yourself free

She said it grieves me so to see you in such pain
    I wish there was something I could do to make you smile again
    I said I appreciate that and would you please explain
    About the fifty ways

She said why don't we both just sleep on it tonight
    And I believe in the morning you'll begin to see the light
    And then she kissed me and I realized she probably was right
    Fifty ways to leave Jeehober

You just slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    and get yourself free

Slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    Just listen to me
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    And get yourself free

• John Doe
    John Doe
    You see, Cyprus is a tiny island with a population of around 750,000.

750,000 is a small community???!? Not where I'm from.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I want to leave but don't know how

God help you walk out that door. Give you the courage to be your own special YOU, may he hold you in the palm of His hand, and guide you out of the dungeons, brother.

BTS

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

delusion,

The one sure way my wife and I found, was to ask about the U,N, involvement, Paederphiles,607 bce accuracy, failed prophecies U.turn on blood.

Whilst asking and seeing them squirm you are putting any action that might take place away from yourself, and directly on to the shoulders and conscience of the elders.

KT

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi

welcome to JWN. As you can see there are lots here who can give you support while you decide what to do.

ql

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome. I would say you have to start by broaching the subject with your wife. You may gain some insights from your non JW father in law if you can confide in him, I wonder what topics about the org he has brought up to his wife in the past. He may have some ideas on how to deal with his JW daughter. An above poster mentioned, don't start a family until this is ironed out, you may think it won't matter, your wife may think it will help you come back, from where I stand it will make things a thousand times worse. Good luck.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You are on an island and are easy to find. You don't mind getting disfellowshipped so much as the slander that will ensue. What I would do is go to a boasting session with a disassociation letter, and when it's your turn to comment, read the letter (keep it brief, a sentence or two about the inconsistencies of the religion should do), and then announce that you no longer wish to be recognized as one of Jehovah's Witlesses. With that, you just walk out.

If you mention the inconsistencies of your beliefs, they will more likely gossip about the "apostasy" rather than about being promiscuous or a crook. Of course, it will not be announced at the platform other than that you are no longer one of Jehovah's Witlesses--hand them the letter anyways. If you make that comment, at least you are a conscientious objector.

• oompa
    oompa

I only wish i were in your shoes God_deleusion.

1. you are young enough to land on your feet and move on in many ways even if the worst case scenario unfolds.......which is usually divorce and DF....not always in that order

2. if you wife is a hardcore dub, you will drive her crazy or make her very very sad if you try to wake her up....prob even if you keep quiet and never talk about it but just never go back, your life/marriage will never be the same....you begin to have separate lives...her friends and her activities....your friends and your activities (and of course she will prob not have anything to do with your WORLDLY friends)

3. plus you have no kids!....if you have them with your wife as is......this becomes a HUGE factor/problem....there is no way you could let them be raised in a cult, and you know it is...there is no undoing that......your wife, if hardcore will again be forced to separate/make a stand to do what is right per wt.......divorce has happened many times because one mate is hellbent on taking kids to meetings.....

4. i would like to tell you what to do, but let me tell you what i hope happens......You sit down with your wife and tell her how much you love her...but you have prayed, studied, and meditated on some things that have turned out to be life altering, and you now have to share it with her....i do not know what or how many issues you want to bring up, but i like chap 2 in the Truth book where is says you should have nothing to fear with examining your religion if it really is the truth....then be very honest with her........I doubt you will get "OMG dear, i have felt that way for years!!!, but that would be nice....(i have seen 2 stories here recently where a wife has figured out it was all lies in just three months)....you will prob get tears, defensiveness, shock, etc...........i would prob not engage in any debate or any arguement at this moment....but tell her later it is vitally important that she see WHY you feel like you do, so that she will not think you are nuts, or have been influenced by anyone....you just need her to understand........

your life has changed and there is no going back.....the biggest commonality in your marriage is gone, and this is a huge factor (i hope you have MANY things in common besides da troof)....if you do not, i sometimes question if it is best to wake up someone with all family in if you may not really be compatible even if she leaves (cause you are headed for divorce then still).....your only hope for any kind of NORMAL life/marriage is if she accepts the real truth....if she does not and you both have VERY strong love and if both are not very social beings......you may enjoy a marriage like OTWO does here, but i would still say you will face a very difficult problem if you want kids.........

sorry my friend but this one in/one out marriage is very very very difficult........and notice the word CULT is in difficult......good luck..........oompa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

But it will kill my wife

HONESTLY IT WON'T. Will she be greatly upset - yes. Will it kill her - NO! Don't let her being upset be your excuse to stay in. She will get over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit