Can DF get "No Blood" card?

by cameo-d 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I thought that there was some alternate card that was to be used by children and outsiders if they wanted it?

• stapler99
    stapler99

MissingLink - As things were when I was still associating with JW's, there are two cards: a proper Blood Card, and a card for unbaptised children that is signed by the parents. I believe that baptised children carry both cards. I don't know what adult unbaptised publishers do. There is also the Advanced Health Care Directive which is a larger document which has been being pushed by the organization more and more of late.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I do believe the "card" has been dropped and the healthcare power of attorney which is more detailed and good for many years, is now what the WTS provides.

*** km 12/04 p. 7 New Provision to Assist Us to Abstain From Blood ***The Governing Body has approved combining the essential elements of the durable power of attorney (DPA) document and the AdvanceMedicalDirective/Release card into a single legal document, which we shall refer to generally as a DPA card. A DPA card has been prepared for each state. The actual title of the DPA card varies from state to state.

You will need to fill out the DPA card for your state of residence only. The DPA card is valid indefinitely anywhere in the United States and will serve as a statement of your wishes when you travel internationally. In the future, you should fill out a new DPA card if (1) you need to make any changes to your DPA card, such as changing your wishes, health-care agents, addresses, and telephone numbers, or (2) your DPA card has been lost or destroyed.

The DPA card should be prayerfully considered and carefully filled out at home. However, before signing the card, it is important that the legal formalities be closely followed. For example, if your card says that two witnesses are required to see you sign, they should be present when you sign it. Book study overseers may periodically check with those who have not filled out new cards to see if assistance is needed.

Before folding the DPA card, make good-quality photocopies for your health-care agent, alternate health-care agent, and doctor as well as for your own records. You may also want to provide copies for other family members and the congregation secretary. Copies should be single-sided on standard-size (8 1/2″ x 11″) paper, with the DPA card centered on the page. The original DPA card, not a photocopy, should be kept on your person.

The IdentityCard with the print date of 3/99 for unbaptized children of Witness parents has not changed. Parents should ensure that a card for each minor child is properly filled out and signed and that the child carries it at appropriate times.

Unbaptized publishers may adapt the language of the DPA card and IdentityCard in order to write out health-care instructions for themselves and their children. The secretary should provide a DPA card for all newly baptized publishers during the year.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Cameo--A medical directive is a transaction between the patient and healthcare provider. Your status as a jw has nothing to do with the legality of a medical directive, nor does a status change in the borg have any affect on it.

• Humble your self
    Humble your self

When your DF from JW your not required to turn your CARd in that is false.

It is required that you update the Blood card with time cause your address or other circumstances have changed may be phone numbers etc...

If blood card is current then its fine. If a person is not a JW and is interested in not getting blood he or she can make his own system, with medical and legal help.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

When your DF from JW your not required to turn your CARd in that is false.

Humble, that is not even my question!

My question is this...If you are DF'd and need a new blood card....can you obtain a new blood card from local congregation?

• sir82
    sir82

If you are DF'd and need a new blood card....can you obtain a new blood card from local congregation?

Dude it's been answered about 68 times on this thread....NO.

But there is nothing preventing someone who wants one from copying the DPA language onto another form and having that notarized.

If it would help, I can get that translated into Swahili, Swedish, or Sanskrit.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I've got it on digital recording, in fact I've got about 8 hours of pre-judicial/judicial/appeal committee process that will be released as a podcast series in the near future on Freeminds.org.

Sounds interesting, is this of your own meeting with the elders Mark?

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Stapler99 Thank you for your words of affirmation. I thought if my study conductor truly cared for me , he would have come to my home to give me a blood card & witness it.

I look forward to the day when my last child is out & I can openly write about all the hypocracy, spitefulness,& down right asinine things that I experienced in the borg.

Unfortunatly to tell them now would identify me.

Blithe

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So if you are Df'd and trying to appease for reinstatement.....you will still not be allowed to have an official JW no blood card?

Isn't that discrimination?

Doesn't that make it a "members only" club?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit