Can DF get "No Blood" card?

by cameo-d 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

My experience was they used them to bribe you to a book study. Only the study conductors gave them out to make sure you were active. I was refused one at a watchtower study, told I needed to go to book study as that was Jehovah's arraingement.They would not let my husband bring one home , only BS conductor could witness it. I was no longer attending BS due to cognative disonance induced athsma, but still in good standing.

CONTROL , CONTROL, CONTROL, their excuse was to weed out weak ones who might carry the card then backslide & give a bad witness by taking blood. Lack of attendence = lack of faith.

This was just one of their reasonings that got me out.

Disfellowshipping was a relief and cure for athsma, too.

Blithe

Blithe

• sir82
    sir82
    When you're told by the committee you're DFd they ask you to turn your card in.

Seriously?

Must be a UK thing. That never ever happens here in the USA. We've had about a dozen DFs in our congregation over the past 9 months, and no one had to turn in a card. And in my 15+ years as an elder, I never saw it asked for.

There is certainly nothing written anywhere to do so (unless there was a BOE letter sent to the UK only).

Regarding the Original post: Annually updated "Advance Medical Directive" cards were replaced with a "once for all time" Durable Power of Attorney card about 7 or 8 years ago. The only reason you would ever need a new one is if you moved to a different state (each state has differnet DPA laws), or if you changed your mind on what you indicated on the card.

Assuming that the DF person didn't live in the UK, he wouldn't have to turn his in - he could still use it if he wanted to. If he were to ask for a new one, he would be refused. But there is nothing that anyone, elders included, could do if he copied one word for word and had it printed up and notarized on his own.

Of course, why would a DF person want to refuse blood anyway? Unless he still believed it was "the truth" and wanted to get reinstated. Never mind, I just answered my own question.

• rebel8
    rebel8

When I told them I'm becoming permanently inactive, I was asked to turn in my pioneer ID card, but not my blood card. This was during a jc. I'm not dfd though.

cameo, maybe the reason no one can answer is that no one on this forum who's dfd ever asked for a no blood document.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

1. Is there a copy of blood card (front and back) posted on this website that I could make a copy of so that it "looks official"?

2. If it is stated in a Medical Directive "I am a Jehovah's Witness and health care decisions to be made will put my religious views and scriptural commands foremost. I will accept no blood and no blood products." If a person is Df'd would it invalidate this statement? If the 'no blood' stance is wholly predicated on the fact that one is a JW and they are no longer considered a JW by the organization, would this be a 'loophole'?

• oompa
    oompa

Password...you really had flucked up elders there......that is NOT a rule...but just in case i have now had the entire card tattoed on my left ass cheek and under my left nipple........oompa

• wizardca
    wizardca

LMAO....oompa. I still have my card from nearly 10 years ago. Sheesh, I haven't been active for awhile. Ahhhhhhhhh, so nice. Some day I should have a shred n burn party to get rid of it.

• stapler99
    stapler99

Blithe Freshman - I find that offensive. If they believe that blood transfusions offend God, then they should have been happy to help you keep God's law by giving you a card. It is incredibly spiteful to have refused you a card merely because you were not cooperating with their meeting schedule, thus running risk of tampering with your chances for eternal salvation.

If you could get a card from someone, or even photocopy one or get scans off the internet, it would be as legally binding as the real thing. The JW organization couldn't stop you from using their card to express your wishes, short of suing you for copyright infringement or something, which they would never do.

Of course, I hope no-one is intending on refusing blood transfusions on religious grounds. It's not worth throwing your life away based on some books written by fallible men thousands of years ago.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

why in the flying @#$k would you WANT one? Use a dot matrix printer and print that picture above on a urinal cake so you can piss on it every day...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Not that I would use a blood card, but I'd never turn it in to them either. Just tell them you wiped your ass with it, along with the last issue of the watchtower.

W

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

btt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit