Can DF get "No Blood" card?

by cameo-d 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, a so-called official jw document is no more valid or comprehensive than getting a healthcare proxy form and filling it out and having 2 people witness your signature. You can choose any health treatment you want or don't want on it. Everyone should have such a form so if you are unconscious, you will have chosen someone to represent your wishes and there won't be any questions what you want.

Terry Schiavo ring a bell.

Blondie

• sir82
    sir82

There's nothing "magical" about the DPA document that happens to be printed by the Watchtower. Doctors won't respect it any more or any less than any other officially notarized DPA.

If a DF person is hell-bent on returning, and wants a no-blood DPA prior to his reinstatement, he'll just have to do like the rest of the 99.9% of the human population that aren't JWs and draw one up on his own.

Doesn't that make it a "members only" club?

Ahem....putting this as eloquently as I know how to.....well DUH!

I guess Blondie is more polite than me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Since Cameo-d btt'd this thread 4 days ago, I feel justified adding a comment . The answe to the Q, is No. Looking at the c/d rom it says the same every year

All baptized publishers present at the Service Meeting the week of January 14 may obtain the Advance Medical Directive/Release card and the Identity Card for their children.

KM jan 02 p7

I had not heard that they ask back your blood card if D/f'd , but I am not surprised. I recall the HLC being only able to intervene for real Witnesses, not family etc so they may well not want to get involved with the d/f'd..I wonder what about those ones who continue immediately working to re instatement and view themselves as absent Witnesses?

And do they want to take back your publisher I D card as well?

• sir82
    sir82

BB, you're really showing your age here!

All baptized publishers present at the Service Meeting the week of January 14 may obtain the Advance Medical Directive/Release card and the Identity Card for their children.

Advance Medical Directives have not been used since 2003. In 2004, they went to DPA forms which are not renewed each year.

And do they want to take back your publisher I D card as well?

Holy moly! Maybe things are different in the UK, but they haven't issued publisher ID cards for at least 25 years here in the US.

• ilovelamp120
    ilovelamp120

I was DF'd in 2003 and thats the first thing they asked me for in my judicial meeting (to turn in my blood card to them) after they made their "judgement" of me. When I was re-instated 9 months later I asked for it back. I have yet to DA myself, but when I do and they ask me for my blood card I'll have to let them know I tore it up into tiny pieces months ago. I don't think they'll mind.

• Balsam
    Balsam

So far as I was told by my now ex-husband years ago, no disfellowshipped JW can get a no blood card because they are no longer JW.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

As above, I can confirm that you're asked to turn your card in. I've got it on digital recording, in fact I've got about 8 hours of pre-judicial/judicial/appeal committee process that will be released as a podcast series in the near future on Freeminds.org.

---

i got df'ed and they didnt ask me.

2 ppl got df'ed around the same time totally unrelated, they didnt ask them...

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Blood card? In my country it was dropped years ago. It has been replaced by various information leaflets.

• blondie
    blondie

I think if you checked all the posts, you would have seen that while the paperwork has been changed to a healthcare power of attorney that the policy of not letting a df'd person have one still holds as in the case of the "blood card" which was really called an "advanced medical directive."

So regardless of the terminology or vocabulary, no df'd jw will be given one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit