Can DF get "No Blood" card?

by cameo-d 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Or are you required to be in "good standing" to get a new blood card?

Are they required to be updated every year to be legally valid?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Here you go...

• minimus
    minimus

Make your own up.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

CAn anyone give me a straight answer?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Good question,

seems to me that a DF person should be able to get a No Blood card if they want one,

I would be interested in knowing if someone DF requested one and was denied and for what reason.

purps

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The answer is no. When you're told by the committee you're DFd they ask you to turn your card in.

• blondie
    blondie

You will not be given a medical directive. But then your old one is good as long as you don't move to a new state, a health care medical proxy that is. They no longer use a "card." As min said, you could do your own. Actually, every person should have a medical proxy on file whether they are a jw or not. Medical treatments are more than blood transfusions.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

As above, I can confirm that you're asked to turn your card in. I've got it on digital recording, in fact I've got about 8 hours of pre-judicial/judicial/appeal committee process that will be released as a podcast series in the near future on Freeminds.org.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

passwordprotected,

I did not know that,

I wonder if that info is in a KM somewhere.

purps

• undercover
    undercover

I wonder if that is standard protocol or if that JC group were just being uber zealous...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit