Any Starbucks fans?

by cameo-d 42 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Just a little tid bit... Many people would often come into Starbucks and order a good strong coffee to wake themselves...and logically one might think that the stronger the coffee, the more caffeine content it would have. Apparently though,as it was pointed out to me, that isn't the case. Since darker beans go through more of a roasting process, it's during that process that they actually lose some of their caffeine content. Off the top of my head, I think Breakfast Blend is a medium roast, and would have more caffeine in it than say a bold,like my personal fav Komodo Dragon.

Cameo-d (love your posts)- I'm not sure where the Starbucks name originated, but I have wondered the same thing with them having a Siren as their logo. any ideas?

LouBelle (thanks for the welcome) - Is it the flavour of the milk and syrups that you love?Or is it the actual coffee taste of the espresso? A tall drink is usually given 1 shot of espresso,a Grande (med) gets 2, and A Venti(large) gets 2 as well. I always found that when i ordered a venti with only 2 shots that it was just so sweet. I personally like a bit of the coffee taste and my drink of choice is a Grande,triple shot,extra hot, Caramel Machiatto.

AudeSapere - ( Thank you for the welcome)Yes..you are right about the upselling. I think it was more that computer talking to me and literally saying "you should do this", and "you should say this" that really got me jumpstarted.

Barbie - If it was all blended up together, it was a Frap. If it was milk with ice cubes in it, along with the syrup, it is referred to as an "iced drink". Most every specialty coffee at Bucks can be ordered as an iced drink...but boy they go down a lot quicker when your not sipping them!

All Starbucks food and beverages are NON fattening....if you eat and drink em slow...

lurk3r

• only me
    only me

I go to Starbucks oncein a while. We have one in our Barnes and Nobles and one in a Target store too.

Just makes it convenient is all.

I usually have a Caramel Macchiato but I rally like the green tea frappuchino too.

Ohhhh and their hot caramel apple cider is excellent!

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Hey Cameo. I replied to this thread a while back...but my browser took me to page 2 and i never realized you asked some questions that I might be able to answer, at least in part.

I'm not a hardcore Starbucks coffee drinker, but i did work there for a while and i did experience a little bit, so i can elaborate on a few things.

My cofee favs change regularily throughout the year. Ill go through phases trying differnt drinks for a while, but usually come back to my caramel machiatto. How did you like your latte? Do you like sweet drinks? or do you prefer the taste of coffee not mixed with steamed milk? Often times I get my lattes or machiatto's 1/2 sweet (less syrup pumps) or with an extra shot of espresso...just so that coffee taste stands out a little more. The difference between lattes and machiattos is only in the order in which the esspresso is added. Latte's have espresso added before the milk is poured, so it is mixed thoroughly. Machiatto's usually have the shots poured on top of the steamed milk over the foam. It's kinda neat to experiment with different ways of having a drink made, to cater to your taste buds.

I have a few mugs myself. They always change from season to season as far as the styles and colors go. I have an orange and green set of mugs and they are kind of a ribbed style mug. I like their size and drink from them most often. I also have a black one, that i barely ever use...it has a small chip on it, so i got it for free from my old store as they could not sell it.

I also have a few t shirts. One is brown, and the other black, they were both given to me as an employee.As far as clothing goes i also pinched a nice new fresh green apron before i left, permission granted from the manager, and I use it when i'm cooking around my place. A nice keep sake.

Fresh brewed coffee from Starbucks is really really strong and tough to drink for me. Working there, one of the perks is that you get a free pound of coffee per week and still have a few bags left. I grind my beans at home when i can, it makes for a better tasting coffee to me. Any fresh brewed coffee I make for myself ends up being about 1/2 as much as they would use at the store for brewing...i find it tones the harsh taste down and lets me appreciate the flavours more. My fav bean to date is Komodo Dragon. Ask me why and i won't be able to explain very well...it just tastes good to me. Coffee is almost like wine once you come to a proper appreciation for the taste, but im not there yet.

lurk3r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit