Any Starbucks fans?

by cameo-d 42 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

I like the vanilla lattes. But i don't like there pastries. To expensive and always taste old.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Starbucks has a Milk Drink. I hear that it has Million calories.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I worked at Starbucks for the better part of a year. I am in the trades, and thats what I do for a living, but after work left me a lot of spare time. Being a morning frequenter of my local Bucks and getting to know the manager there, I picked myself up about 10 - 15 hours a week, just for fun. I said it toa few people there and noone could really appreciate it, but Starbucks in itself IS a religion. Meaningless rules, formats to follow, ingrained presentations and strongly suggested presentations. If you don't conform, your out....only most everyone still talks to you..lol

BD-That milk drink your talking about, might you be thinking of a cold beverage called a Frappachino?Cold and blended with ice?

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

*strongly suggested ideals (my typo)

can we re-edit posts?

Maybe if Starbucks worried about making coffee instead of making money...they might not be in the shape they are today. sound familiar?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

lurk3r------It could be Frappachino, I was told there was milk in it with ice.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

My daughter worked at Starbuck's for about 3 years. I'm really surprised to hear you say those things about working at Starbucks. I never got that impression from her. She really liked working at Starbucks and she worked at 4 different stores.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Please don't take what I am saying wrong....Starbucks was really a lot of fun, and it served me well. I spent many a lonely evening before and Starbucks really filled a void for me, enabling me to make some great friends.

Each individual manager is given a rulebook to follow according to the way that Starbucks wants the store to be run. Since Starbucks owns all the stores, they get to make the rules. One of the girls I worked with, who has worked at various locations throughout Canada,for many many years, told me that it was all about how much the particular manager of that store adhered to company policy. They can't let things get to slack though as there is a "District Manager" who oversees things.If there was ever a disagreement between people who worked there (referred to only as partners) with regards dress code etc,they would flip out the book to see what the policy was. Its all in the book. The part of training that really got to me, and made me think it was a religion of sorts is when i went through drive thru training on a computer in the back room. This lady's voice would talk to you and tell you how to take an order...and then she would tell you how to "suggest" selling someone a cookie to go along with their Vanilla Latte. It was right at that moment that i felt like I was back at the kingdom hall,in the middle of a presentation straight out of a Kingdom Ministry. I dont know, maybe i felt the "control" buttons being pushed or something...If i wasnt a Witness before, perhaps I wouldnt have noticed it as much?

lurk3r

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Lurk3r wrote: tell you how to take an order...and then she would tell you how to "suggest" selling someone a cookie to go along with their Vanilla Latte.

Upselling. It is common sales technique.

Really helps you understand when people call the Service Meeting a Sales Meeting, doesn't it?

If people didn't understand your 'religion' comment, it's probably because their religion is not sold door-to-door.

btw - Welcome to JWDN. It's nice to have you finally join us!!

-Aude.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, thanks for all the opinions.

I would not go out of my way for Starbucks.

It was just a choice between hospital cafeteria coffee or starbucks in the hospital Deli. The deli only has a choice of a couple of regular coffees.

However, one floor of the hospital has an exclusive Starbucks vending area....which carries their full line of choices, as well as the pastries and ice cream, etc. Also has an area of atmosphere...baby grand piano (with musak box tunes) and a lobby like a ritzy hotel. Nice comfy chairs for enjoying the latte.

How did Starbucks get it's name, anyway?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ah I remember the first time I had starbucks - it was the first time I was in london and I LOVED it. Each trip back I make sure I get my starbucks and I try different flavours and usually order the L A R G E.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit