Artwork...post yours here

by coffee_black 108 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My grandmother did not start painting until after she turned 60. She developed into quite a painter, painting Florida scenery, oceans......showing in Miami where she lived.

I have her second painting. the photograph does nothing for it. From 1972

Here is a drawing she did of me from a photo, I am guessing I was about seven? She sent this to

me with a letter and pic of Joanie from Happy Days, I looked like Joanie when I was a teen! I have the letter

and picture, in a special pouch behind the framing of this pic!!! This is the last thing my grandmother gave me.

My sister and I never had long hair as kids, my mother took us to the beach almost daily and said it was just so

much easier to care for short hair.

• restrangled
    restrangled

So many talented people and such beautiful work!

I am not so gifted as all of you, but am working on a 2 foot by 3 foot project with stitches. It has taken many years. I am currently trying to get it finished for my cousin...Needle point. I have done many projects in the past but this has become a passion~

I can't seem to upload from here. The canvas was bought over 10 years ago for $800.00 plus the thread. It now lists close to 1500.00 for this hand painted canvas.

I suggest all you wonderful artists look into selling your work on needle point canvases.

r. (I'll try to get the work posted so you can see!)

• PEC
    PEC

Barbara painted our bedroom wall, here is part of the mural.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Purps, ....my great aunt was a famous potter. Her work is collectable.

Rosemeade Pottery from North Dakotah. She was quite the business girl and artist. You can find her work all over the internet.. Wish I had inherited some of her talent! Many other members of our family have. If I start naming names I will be too exposed.

r.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

cool restrangled, for some reason that sounds familiar. I will google her. I love pottery.

PEC, a mural, what an undertaking, it really looks good.

I got an email the other day from NYC of someone asking if I would paint their ceiling!!!!

I do want to do some murals, I have talked my son into letting me paint the side of one of his buildings

facing the pool, it should be fun!

Ok, I am tired of working on this poster, this is a good stopping place for me,

purps

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Damn! you guys are really talented.

I want to see more.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Homerovah, very nice!! Terragen or MojoWorld?

coffee_black, beautiful paintings! You're very gifted with depicting light in your work, which IMHO is the key to mood and evoking feelings.

I envy all who can draw and paint. I'm pretty restricted to digital tools myself, which is satisfying but the traditional arts still call to me...I agree that everyone can be creative if they find a medium that suits them. Nice work everybody, thanks for sharing!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Mojo mostlydead,

I think there is great possibilities for people to experiment with computer software and try it out.

It can be both quite fun and learning at the same time and hey if you like what you created all you have to do is clink delete and start over again,

simple !

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Homerovah, Awesome! Mojo was one of the first apps I ever bought...very very fun, but take a long time to render, at least with my computer they do. How does one attach a file here? Is it the Insert/Edit image?

• PEC
    PEC

Barbara has done pottery also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit